First Shot at Kerastraight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hi so we had our first shot at kerastraight today....4 and a half hours later....

Nats got thick hair but its not much longer then shoulder length, took an hour and half to wash, put the treatment in and blast dry, took ages to blast in...and when we were straightening it in it took well more than 10 times on each section, and the steam kept coming off it. i swear i went over some bits nearly 100 times. its looking ok now but i am worried that we've not done it enough? or did i put too much product in? it was around 70mls we used.

I'm v sleepy now.......:zzz:

update: before we left the salon, i went over it a wee bit more. still not sure if its enough?

Last edited:
70mls sound a lot. If it took too long to dry in then you used too much product. It should take 10 mins tops to dry in. Even on the thickest and longest hair (it was down to her waist) I used 50mls, and that is the most I have ever used.

When I put the product on the brush, I practically wipe it all off again onto the bowl. You should not need to iron it more than 10 times, I just do my ironing slow and steady.

I'm glad you give it a go though, it has been a fab success in my salon. :)

Last edited:
yeh, it said not to saturate hair but at the same time i wanted all the hair to have some in? it took about 40 mins to dry in lol. oopsy. i have someone coming on friday as a model for me. should try to go easier on it. lol it was an experience!!!!!!! thanks for the help!

it sounds like i did it farrrrr too much. it took easily 3 hours to iron out. LOL

kind of funny now thinking about it but at the time i was like ARRRGGHHHHH

thanks again

Ha ha, don't worry took me 4 hours first time. I am down to 2 and a bit now. :)

Just keep thinking, 'I'm a tight fisted salon owner' when you put it on. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I use la brasilliana, same sort of thing I think. I too was told to use a tiny amount. We found we got the best result by putting more on so the hair felt gungy. Horrid to live with for 3 days but best result.

I think they are pretty much of a muchness. If you put too much Kerastraight on it is just too hard to iron in. I would like to give the La Brasiliana a go, just to see the difference. Maybe we should organise a product exchange to see the difference? Kerastraight though, is still horrible to live with for 3 days.

It is also very fumy. I don't know if La Brasilisana is the same? I run an air purifier whilst I am doing a treatment.

yes it does give off fumes too. Not a bad smell.

well ive got a client who wants it so im doing it for more practice on friday. poor natalie text today saying her hair is disgusting now, but she can wash it tomorrow morning. both my wrists are strained from doing it. oopsy.

also i was gonna try la brasilliana but the salon about a mile down the road from me does it so that made me go with kerastraight. :D xxx

Hi i use global keratin and get a great result its chocolate flavour but when it comes to the ironing part i do find myself breathing alot of the steam in even though i keep salon door open ect also i dont overload product any more am thinking of using a mask as it does make me a bit headachey after do any of u get this?

I used to get a sore throat when doing it. Now I have an air purifier running on a trolley next to the client. It removes practically all of it from the air. Much better as I was worried about other clients sitting in the salon while I was doing it.

Latest posts

Back