First Spray Tan Complaints

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timeless Tanning

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I haven't posted on here for a while but really disappointed with things over the past two weeks and need some advice.

I have had a couple of complaints from a few new clients saying that their tans looked really scaley and patchy after just a couple of days and they both cancelled future appointments they had booked in with me. I have been using the same solutions on other people with no complaints but find it a bit of a coincidence to have two separate people ring about the same problem. I also used two different makes of solution on these two people so find it hard to think that it can be down to the solutions.

I recently gave my gun a good service and wonder whether I could have oversprayed these clients due to the gun being more efficient and not turning the dial down.

Could overspraying create this problem. Both clients claim that they prepped properly and also moisturised etc afterwards.

I hate the thought of people hearing about this and losing out on potential customers. I have offered them a free tan so that I could try a different solution to see if the same happens...

Any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

The most likely cause of it going patchy after a few days is probably down to the moisturiser / shower gel they're using. It needs to be oil free, something like Simple or Fake

This sounds like it is more down to there prep and after care of the tan!

It might be useful to have some pre/after tan leaflets made up (or if the company who's solution you use should do them) to hand out to clients.

If the company who you get your solution off do aftrecare products and offer them in sachets it may be an idea to buy some and hand out to new clients as part of the after care (i wouldn't hand out every time to same clients as this will kill any retail opportunity, if they like the product this is then when you can sell it to them) and advise clients to use them correctly as noted on your aftercare leaflet. Regulars will also then start buying the after care products as they will notice the difference in how the tan lasts and fades.

In future i would not offer a free tan before seeing client. As how a tan fades is not what you are responsible for.

:hug:

my tans arent looking great just now (on my own body) but i know its down to the fact i have dry skin in the winter, i dont exfoliate between tans, and i only moisturise once after my tan, so i only have myself to blame!!! could be this. they aint gonna admit it though if it is down to them xx

I agree, It really sounds like a prep issue. I would keep watch for other complaints, if you don't get any, that's probably what it is. Have you tried to spray yourself out of this batch of solution?

Certainly sounds like a prep problem, especially if you're not havng problems with your other clients. As the other geeks have said, they're not going to admit they didn't prep correctly or maybe they just didn't realise how to prep themselves??

hi i have been spray tanned the last couple of times and i have been using some samples up that i got sent ,the tan solution that i have decided to use on my clients is fine on me when i use it on my self and i never get a problem it goes on lovely and wahes off evenly and not scaley .but any way each time i have used the other ones my legs go really sore and scaley and i prep just the same does any one know why that could be i do everything the same.:confused:

my tans arent looking great just now (on my own body) but i know its down to the fact i have dry skin in the winter, i dont exfoliate between tans, and i only moisturise once after my tan, so i only have myself to blame!!! could be this. they aint gonna admit it though if it is down to them xx

Have to agree totally with Kimi at this time of year it is so cold and the layers of clothes jumping in and out of the shower and not always exfoliating/moisturising, I am normally so good with my routine but have found myself skipping parts of it so I am sure its down to the personal prep of these clients.

Hi everyone

Thanks very much for your advice, it has reassured me that perhaps it's not down to me after all.

I always go through aftercare with my clients and give new customers an aftercare leaflet and tell them not to use any oil based products.

With one of the customers, I am a bit wary I must admit as she said three girls from one of the parties I did all had this problem but different solution were used on them. They did also go for the darkest colours I had which I did warn them would not fade so well on them.

Next time I will make sure that I go back and take a look.

Thanks everyone for all you advice, you've been great as usual.

Jackie

Latest posts

Back