First time electric nail file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joana

nailedit_jo
Reaction score
Hey :)

Currently in training for my Level 3 Nail Services NVQ and want a good drill but not sure what is best to get? and where from?

Thanks!

-Jo

Does your NVQ cover drill work. If not you will need to do a separate course in order to use one and be insured.

I have the nsi one , it's expensive but saves me so much time on I fills I wouldn't be without it

Does your NVQ cover drill work. If not you will need to do a separate course in order to use one and be insured.
Hey :) my course covers how to use drills safely, just need to get practicing :)

I have the nsi one , it's expensive but saves me so much time on I fills I wouldn't be without it
Thanks :) ill check them out, better expensive than cheap and break easily or cause damage

You are bob on , it's all about confidence and practice - just a word of warning I bought a cheaper version off of amazon , it said it did the same rpm and had same power but it was useless. But cheap buy twice , which unfortunately I did !

The 2 efiles that I know are great are Kupa, and the one I own from young nails. Both are expensive. The difference in the feel, smoothness and the amount of vibrations in an inexpensive efile vs a cheapie is unbelievable, I owned 2 ebay/amazon ones, and an $80 medicool, and they're not even comparable to my YN efile.

My advice don't go with a cheapie, it's an important investment.

Kupa make the young nails efile :)

I think the important point to raise is that cheap or non professional efiles have very heavy vibration. This is uncomfortable for the client as it results in more friction/more heat but even more crucially can cause injuries to your hand/wrist if used frequently.

You don't want to be signed off work with rsi due to a rubbish drill!

I hate efiles and drillls. Too often they are over used and thin the nail bed unnecessarily

I hate efiles and drillls. Too often they are over used and thin the nail bed unnecessarily
Playing devil's advocate, a hand file can do just as much damage in the wrong hands.

Playing devil's advocate, a hand file can do just as much damage in the wrong hands.
Are you qualified and experienced in using an efile?

Sorry Linzi I meant to tag jake the hairdresser

Have you trained with efiles? If you have you'll know that no damage is done to the nail bed

Fair point, no i'm a Hairdresser. Just speaking from personal experience

I would suggest not using an efile on the natural nail.

I only use my efile on the acrylic or gel. People do what works for them :)

Hey :)

Currently in training for my Level 3 Nail Services NVQ and want a good drill but not sure what is best to get? and where from?

Thanks!

-Jo
I got trained by Young Nails and use the Ericas e file! Love it xxx

Latest posts

Back