First time setting up salon - any advice much appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chez2k

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first proper post on here since I joined a couple of weeks ago. I've been doing lots of reading and this site is brilliant.

I thought I'd post and ask opinions and advise as there seems to be a lot of very knowledgable peeps around :lol:

I am in the planning process of setting up.
At first I was going to go mobile, but I have recently discovered a room in a hairdressers which I have been offered at what I think is a very good price.

I am just wondering if anyone has any advice, tips, opinions, etc about setting up. Not really got a specific question at the minute - just after some general help

• What kinds of questions should I been asking the hairdressers before I make a decision?
  • Is there anything that you found helpful when you were setting up
Absolutely any tips, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Cheryl xx:lol::green:

Dear Cheryl,

Sounds great! You must be so excited :)

There's all kinds of things you could do in terms of setting up but someone really famous (whose name I can't remember) said, 'sales fix everything'.

Everytime I've ever started (or taken over) a salon, I've started off with creating a list of everyone I know including their email addresses. Everytime I met someone new (friend, family or potential client), I'd add them to the list.

Then whether whether I was busy or quiet, I'd always have a list of people to email out an offer to. Emails are free and lots of bookings means lots of income :)

Hope this helps!

Rebecca

Everytime I've ever started (or taken over) a salon, I've started off with creating a list of everyone I know including their email addresses. Everytime I met someone new (friend, family or potential client), I'd add them to the list.

Then whether whether I was busy or quiet, I'd always have a list of people to email out an offer to. Emails are free and lots of bookings means lots of income :)

Thanks for replying.
I am really excited. I can't wait to get up and going. I know its going to be hard at first, but I'm ready to put in the hard work.

That is a really good idea, I'll definately have to do this. Thanks for the tip :)

Cheryl

Cheryl
firstly welcome to the world of geeks.

this subject has been discussed a few times, why not visit the search button on the task bar and type in new business advice and you'll have ready made fully answered threads.

Questions to ask:
how much rent?
do you get your own keys?
what do you have to pay for on top of the rent?
do you need your own phone line?
who does your apppointments for you?

Thanks Hippychick.
I'll do the search and see what comes up.

Thanks again

Good Luck With The Set Up, I Hope Everything Goes Well

Latest posts

Back