First time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambz94

Reaction score
Hello Geeks. Been doing hair extensions since July this year (4 month) but its the first time going to put highlights in the hair with hair extensions. Her hair is Light brown but she wants Blonde highlights in. Was wondering if any more experienced hair extension technicians can give me a few tips. very much appreciated.:lol:

i have done a few... just scatter them about.. i would fo 75% her colour and 25% blond :)

Like this? If I remember off top of head I fitted #4, #18 & #22, I really can't remember the ratios as this was a friend so not a paying client, but majority was #4 then the lighter colours were randomly scattered thro. Hth x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349876173.494338.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349876173.494338.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 83
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349876183.004669.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349876183.004669.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 91
Hey
Depending on what method of extensions you do i.e. micro rings or hot fusion you can do different things.
With hot fusion you can have a bit of a play with colours, mixing them in different ways with different shades like I had a client that was light brown and I used to just add a few strands of different blondes to give a natural highlighted look just she didn't want a streaky look.

If you do micro rings you can get them pre-mixed, a great place to go to is Lush-Us they have stunning hair for any type of methods. Another way is to make you own stick tip hair so again you can play around with the colours and then make the hair into stick tips, it can take a bit of time but well worth the end look!! Oh and you can get the glue pot from Lush-Us too!

Hope that helps :)

Latest posts

Back