Fishtails with extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
I have a bride who I'm trialling next week. She is wanting pigtail fishtails, like this photo, but she also has so extensions that she wants in to thicken them up.
Firstly, has anybody got any tips on how to do these fishtail plaits? I've you tubed and the ones I've found when I follow the instructions they kind of go the other way upwards instead of downwards?
Secondly, I'm wondering what is the best way to get these extensions in. I'm thinking of somehow entwining them in (I think she's bought a weft) instead of clipping them in then doing the fishtails. I just can't think how I'm going to do it and want an idea before I get there!
Thanks

I can't see a photo...it may just be my phone though. X

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

So if she's having 2 fishtails, id clip the extensions either side of her head so when you part it down the middle at the back you don't see the weft, fishtails are dead easy, all you do is part the hair into 2, take a small section from the outer left side and bring it to the middle of the other section, then take the outer section from the right side and bring it to the middle of the left section, and keep repeating, for best result do really fine sections and when you've finished, pull it out slightly hope that helps here's a quick scalp fishtail going into a fishtail I did on my little sister x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404207903.902016.jpg

Thanks for your reply. That's how I've been practising them, but was wondering how you would get them to go the other way like on the pic?
For the extensions, should I get her to sew clips on them do you think or could I just grip them in?

I have a bride who I'm trialling next week. She is wanting pigtail fishtails, like this photo, but she also has so extensions that she wants in to thicken them up.
Firstly, has anybody got any tips on how to do these fishtail plaits? I've you tubed and the ones I've found when I follow the instructions they kind of go the other way upwards instead of downwards?
Secondly, I'm wondering what is the best way to get these extensions in. I'm thinking of somehow entwining them in (I think she's bought a weft) instead of clipping them in then doing the fishtails. I just can't think how I'm going to do it and want an idea before I get there!
Thanks

In answer to how to do fishtails. Small sections really are key, I think. When I took bigger sections, it either was looking like more like a plait or going upwards. Small sections solved the above.

Thanks for your reply. That's how I've been practising them, but was wondering how you would get them to go the other way like on the pic?
For the extensions, should I get her to sew clips on them do you think or could I just grip them in?

Do the plaits from behind her (on the back of her shoulders) then when u place them in front of her shoulders you'll have this effect, it's just the reverse side of the plaits.

personally for wedding hair I have used the temporary glue, it's cheap and u just buy a remover to get out after. My friend was so grateful I did this instead of clips as it didn't budge like it didn't when we trialled with clip ins. She actually left them in and styled them the next day as her hair is usually short but we needed bulk for an up do.

Latest posts

Back