Flexiglaze vs IBX?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieG

Reaction score
So - Flexiglaze.... What are people's thoughts?
Seems as though it's being promoted along the same lines as IBX as it states no need for 'heat' or 'curing in UV or LED lamps'.
I think I'd prefer IBX over Flexiglaze.
IBX is absorbed into the nail plate where as Flexiglaze can last up to 2 weeks - needs 2-3 coats and needs 8 minutes to remove... So if using under gel polish it seems it will take longer to remove?
Also how will this affect the base coats and foundation for gel systems??
Judging by the video I get the impression it is going to be available to the general public??
Seems a bit of a faff with buffing before gel application and then buffing again to a shine if using on natural nails..... IBX gets my vote :)

So - Flexiglaze.... What are people's thoughts?
Seems as though it's being promoted along the same lines as IBX as it states no need for 'heat' or 'curing in UV or LED lamps'.
I think I'd prefer IBX over Flexiglaze.
IBX is absorbed into the nail plate where as Flexiglaze can last up to 2 weeks - needs 2-3 coats and needs 8 minutes to remove... So if using under gel polish it seems it will take longer to remove?
Also how will this affect the base coats and foundation for gel systems??
Judging by the video I get the impression it is going to be available to the general public??
Seems a bit of a faff with buffing before gel application and then buffing again to a shine if using on natural nails..... IBX gets my vote :)

There are many types of products and new ones coming along too, that assist with flaking weak natural nails and Flexiglaze is a stand alone product.
It is not trying to compete with any other product on the market. Some products suit one salon or client more than another.

Flexiglaze is a new service for salons to offer to their clients if they wish, to give the salon and the client choices and diversity, as we are finding from enquiries, that some salons are looking for something 'else' to help their clients with challenged nails, as well, other than what is currently available, that is not a treatment and is not a gel.

Flexiglaze is a flexible resin coating that is brand new technology, and many salons use Flexiglaze as well as other types of products in their business depending on client requirements.
Whether they decide that the client wants/ needs a treatment or a coating for instant results for natural nails without the need for lamps.

Flexiglaze does not add to much removal time to a gel polish removal, no more than applying an extra strengthening gel underneath, which many salons do offer clients with challenged nails.

Using Flexiglaze under gel polish is similar to adding a gel polish to an overlay or extension, as many salons do now.
Salons can retail the 3 gram version of Flexiglaze to their clients if they wish, as it dries naturally, and it great for splits. Just like they retail salon varnishes, that they apply for the client, and then sell to clients, and trade prices are available.

Flexiglaze needs 2-3 coats but is very fast to apply due to the user friendly viscosity and dries in seconds and their is only a small amount of buffing before applying gel polish as Flexiglaze dries like a flexible glaze with minor imperfections. It does not need buffing again if using gel polish. It would be buffed to a high gloss if wearing alone, which also takes very little time.

There are many types of products and new ones coming along too, that assist with flaking weak natural nails and Flexiglaze is a stand alone product.
It is not trying to compete with any other product on the market. Some products suit one salon or client more than another.

Flexiglaze is a new service for salons to offer to their clients if they wish, to give the salon and the client choices and diversity, as we are finding from enquiries, that some salons are looking for something 'else' to help their clients with challenged nails, as well, other than what is currently available, that is not a treatment and is not a gel.

Flexiglaze is a flexible resin coating that is brand new technology, and many salons use Flexiglaze as well as other types of products in their business depending on client requirements.
Whether they decide that the client wants/ needs a treatment or a coating for instant results for natural nails without the need for lamps.

Flexiglaze does not add to much removal time to a gel polish removal, no more than applying an extra strengthening gel underneath, which many salons do offer clients with challenged nails.

Using Flexiglaze under gel polish is similar to adding a gel polish to an overlay or extension, as many salons do now.
Salons can retail the 3 gram version of Flexiglaze to their clients if they wish, as it dries naturally, and it great for splits. Just like they retail salon varnishes, that they apply for the client, and then sell to clients, and trade prices are available.

Flexiglaze needs 2-3 coats but is very fast to apply due to the user friendly viscosity and dries in seconds and their is only a small amount of buffing before applying gel polish as Flexiglaze dries like a flexible glaze with minor imperfections. It does not need buffing again if using gel polish. It would be buffed to a high gloss if wearing alone, which also takes very little time.

Thank you :) I'm really intrigued...so this is something that we could retail to normal polish wearers?
Would they be able to buy it from you direct or is it sold to us pro's only?

I think it was more the fact in your video that you make a point of saying that Flexiglaze does not need an heat and seeing as IBX is the only strengthening product (that I'm aware of) which needs heat, it kind of hints that's it a comparison :)

I would certainly be interested in trying Flexiglaze - who are the UK Distributors and will it be available at Olympia in September?x

Thank you :) I'm really intrigued...so this is something that we could retail to normal polish wearers?
Would they be able to buy it from you direct or is it sold to us pro's only?

I think it was more the fact in your video that you make a point of saying that Flexiglaze does not need an heat and seeing as IBX is the only strengthening product (that I'm aware of) which needs heat, it kind of hints that's it a comparison :)

I would certainly be interested in trying Flexiglaze - who are the UK Distributors and will it be available at Olympia in September?x

Nearly all products attract mixed reviews and opinions and are liked or not liked by different people.
Different products suit various nail types/lifestyles and how the client manages the product whilst wearing, as we know.
Flexiglaze has no comparison products, as there are no other resins with our unique flexible formula.
Many salons are using different solutions for different clients for weak flaking nails, depending on if the client may want/need a treatment or a coating for instant results, so can add a new service and solution for clients to their list if they choose.
For any further info on Flexiglaze please contact
[email protected]

Flexiglaze is not looking for votes, but is a product that is new to the nail world so will attract sceptisism which is understandable,
as has not been seen before.
Flexiglaze is a uniquely flexible resin coating with our trade secret formula, that instantly stops flaking nails and salons will either wish to try it or not.
The 3 gram size is a great way to try it to see if it works for their business, so they can maybe help more clients with flaking weak nails and possibly improve profits for the business via the treatment and / or retail. Great for toes too.
Flexiglaze won't please every business or customer, that is not possible with most any product, but is great for clients that don't want to wait for a treatment to work, or don't want a gel or may be allergic to gel or find gel may peel on them.
Look out for our new cuticle oil out soon too with unique benefits.

Latest posts

Back