Flyers/leaflet drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with some of the posts on here.

I've been working with a design & marketing company for a while now and they've helped me win new clients. I'd previously done a bit of marketing every now and then, but had no real success.

I decided to read a bit about marketing and it basically said that if you do something once you're probably not going to get much success. Basically someone needs to see something a few times before it means anything to them. When I decide to promote something now I tend to do it via:
  • Flyers (I pay a company to distribute them and have built up some relationships with other local businesses and leave them with them)
  • Facebook & twitter - I get some images created that look a lot like my leaflets (for consistency). I also post them quite regularly and try to get retweets on Twitter from people like Mums in the Know and local profiles to try and get more people to see my posts
  • Poster - for people walking by
  • In salon - I leave some of the flyers around the salon to get clients to ask about the service/products as I don't want to do the hard sell, but if clients ask about it you can sell it a little bit :)
  • If it's a big promotion I might also put an advert in our local paper, but I only do this very rarely.
  • I always try to put an offer on the flyer so I can track how many people take up the offer to make sure I know if it's worked or not (don't want to waste my money!!)
I did try to do some flyer drops of my own, but it was HARD!!! My feet ended up killing me, so I decided my time was better spent elsewhere. I don't always do all of this, but I try to make sure I'm doing a bit of marketing every month to make sure we're in our client's minds.

I'm sure there's loads of businesses out there that can help you with the designs and advice (I see a couple in the thread). I use the Salon Marketing Boys (Patrick and Oliver really). They're really friendly and helpful and don't cost too much, I think their website is salonmarketingdesign.com

Latest posts

Back