Flyers/leaflet drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done leaflet drops around your local area - homes and businesses? I'm thinking of doing this as although I have a good clients the salon I work in was a hairdressers only for 20 years so even after 2 years we still have people coming in saying they didn't know we did beauty despite window advertising and advertising within the hair salon-so really it's to attract clients that don't already come in for hair or walk past?
Any thoughts on if this would be effective? Or other ideas? Thanks

I haven't done homes yet but I did the town & businesses, got 1 customer from it, I still get people saying they diddnt know I was there, I've been open a year and the signage for my shop is right next to the busiest junction in the area

Has anyone ever done leaflet drops around your local area - homes and businesses? I'm thinking of doing this as although I have a good clients the salon I work in was a hairdressers only for 20 years so even after 2 years we still have people coming in saying they didn't know we did beauty despite window advertising and advertising within the hair salon-so really it's to attract clients that don't already come in for hair or walk past?

It's a proven method and I recently wrote a blog post on the subject for Liverpool Lashes blog.

LiverpoolLashes Daily Beauty Blog: Planning The Perfect Leaflet Distribution With The Perfect Leaflet

Banner penguin would you mind giving me your opinion on my folded business cards please. I designed them myself and uploaded them onto vistaprint. The idea is that they have all the information in a purse sized card ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416259617.305842.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416259635.439564.jpg

We do flyer drops from time to time, proved to be very successful, we put a small offer with a price list.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I frequently do leaflet drops. Just be sure that your leaflet is amazing. Potential clients will judge your business from this one little leaflet. They will make immediate assumptions and you want them to be good ones.

I will often leaflet the same area just to reinforce our name in people's minds. The response may not be immediate but I don't imagine everyone needs a leg wax the minute a leaflet arrives. Sometimes clients will come months later from a leaflet drop. All they need is to realise that their current salon is
A. Miles away
B. Crap
C. Doesn't have the variety
And then you're in with a chance!

We are right off the beaten track and almost have to lead each and every client to our door. Once we have them, it's up to us to keep them!

I'm sure most businesses on here will agree that no advertising works in isolation. Facebook, website, leaflets, a boards, adverts and so on all go to remind your potential client base that you are there.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I frequently do leaflet drops. Just be sure that your leaflet is amazing. Potential clients will judge your business from this one little leaflet. They will make immediate assumptions and you want them to be good ones.

I will often leaflet the same area just to reinforce our name in people's minds. The response may not be immediate but I don't imagine everyone needs a leg wax the minute a leaflet arrives. Sometimes clients will come months later from a leaflet drop. All they need is to realise that their current salon is
A. Miles away
B. Crap
C. Doesn't have the variety
And then you're in with a chance!

We are right off the beaten track and almost have to lead each and every client to our door. Once we have them, it's up to us to keep them!

I'm sure most businesses on here will agree that no advertising works in isolation. Facebook, website, leaflets, a boards, adverts and so on all go to remind your potential client base that you are there.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Couldn't recommend this enough. Absolutely spot on.

A COMBINATION of leaflet drops and Facebook marketing (where both feed into and refer to each other) has been far and away the biggest marketing success for our salon over the last 5 years.

It's cheap, and it's effective.

Like the post above says, I've seen reports of people handing out 200 photocopied, badly designed and badly written leaflets around the local area of the salon, and then sitting next to the phone expectantly as soon as they get back in the house.

Doesn't work like that.

It's a cumulative effect, as they come to recognise your business and your brand. By the time you've done your third or fourth leaflet drop you'll be getting the benefit- as by that time other things (such as word of mouth- "oh, here's a leaflet from that place such and such mentioned!") kick in too.

Found lots of great advice in this thread. Looking forward to sending my flyers out & seeing what happens.
Does anybody use Royal Mail to deliver?
Thanks kt

Found lots of great advice in this thread. Looking forward to sending my flyers out & seeing what happens.
Does anybody use Royal Mail to deliver?
Thanks kt

Don't do that! it'd cost you a fortune! :)

Get your trainers on, round up the family and get posting door to door!

If you've got to post them out, they're probably going too far away for them to make any impact anyway.

*There are companies out there who'll do your leaflet drop for you, but I've always just gone and done it ourselves!

I'm out of the way, with a few small villages in between me & the next local towns so I've got a 8 mile radius of people to reach, none of the villages have paths & I've got 2 little ones under 3 so double buggy on country roads isn't wise.
Need an effective way to reach all these places.
Maybe a magic wand for extra time, either that or I leaflet drop myself in the middle of the night lol
Kt

Do you have a local paper? A nice friendly local shop to talk to that can hand out your leaflets with the paper boy?

Only one of the villages has a shop & paper person. Will try them for that area. 80% of my customers come from the next towns anyhow, I just felt I should do in between but maybe Concentrating on the towns would be better.
Decisions!

My point of view.

I live in a very small village, and think we get totally overlooked with marketing. Villages tend to be more expensive to live in than towns, so potentially higher income brackets which is good. I have never leaflet dropped the local town as it would be hugely expensive. My leaflets aren't cheap to produce, so I chosse where I want them to be. I get a lot of clients from the local town from an advert in a magazine!

To Verve - when I started out, I promised the family a roast dinner in the local pub for helping do a leaflet drop. It was frosty. I nearly went flying, and had visions of a broken arm and bang goes my illustrious career. We did part of a small village, the kids were moaning, dinner cost about £40 and it was horrible. I contacted the company who print and distribute the local weekly free mag to see what it would cost to have leaflets delivered in a specific area. They cost about £36 per thousand. I now make the roast dinner and have no broken limbs!!! I would personally never do a leaflet drop. I can think of nothing worse!!!

Vic x

I had more success attracting new clients by dropping ad/cards etc. in local businesses like cafes, restaurants, library's or community centre bulletin boards & schools/universities etc. moreso than homes & such.

I also had good gains with making my regular clients do the work for me buy giving them 3+ of my cards, signed by me & having their name on them & giving them a free cut or whatever for every 3 new clients they send in.

I would keep track of who sent whom in the computer & be sure to ask any new referral who sent them.......definitely worth a free service here & there for 3 new potential clients.Plus I found my clients loved doing it like a top secret mission or something!....Bonus is if your regulars are recruiting for you, they will most likely send you their family/friends etc that will be awesome like they are so less chances of weirdos or deal sniffers!

We've recently opened a new tanning and beauty salon. So far FB has been our only source of business but we've had 5,000 leaflets delivered in the last 2 days. We've had 10,000 printed (double sided with discount vouchers), they cost approx £140. We've paid someone reliable to distribute 5,000 of them so far (£100). Today alone we've had 3 bookings from new people :)

H x

I only have 1 think to say on this matter...
Wear sensible footwear when delivering 3000+ leaflets!!
Christ I never thought my feet would actually feel like they were on fire 🙈

But yes I did leaflet drops and loads of marketing on facebook and it really worked well for me x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, I was just wondering where you all think is the best but most cost effective place to get my flyers/business cards from? Thanks x

Hi, I was just wondering where you all think is the best but most cost effective place to get my flyers/business cards from? Thanks x
We do a lot of printing for geeks :)

That's brill, thankyou BannerPenguin [emoji106][emoji4]

Latest posts

Back