Flyers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chattichic

Reaction score
Hi do you think flyers work for new mobile clients? If the answer is yes, how many do you think are needed for example 10 clients?
Thanks.

How many flyers are needed for 10 clients? How do you mean?

What are you using flyers for, a price list? a promotional flyer you'll be distributing?

Do you mean how many flyers do you need in order to gain 10 clients? If so, its almost impossible to say as it depends on so many factors (the demographics in your area, your level of competition etc.)

There are stats out there about conversion rates, but they're generally based on national campaigns with hundreds of thousands of leafletsj, so not appropriate for our level of business.

Yes, flyers can work well for some people- but you'll never know until you try.

I wrote a post on here about "writing the perfect leafllet" have a read of that, get it designed well and send out as many as you can budget for and you'll give the leaflet every chance of working.

Last edited:
Yeah that's right, roughly how many flyers would I need to put out to gain 10 clients? Do flyers even work?
Thanks again.

I just explained that in the answer above :)

Its impossible to say!

Some people might have more competition than you, some people might live in a less affluent area....it's impossible to give you a number.

Just send as many as you can budget for reasonably.

But can they work? yes, of course. But that depends on you to a large extent.

A photocopied leaflet with "come to my shoppe pleaze" in biro that you send to 47 people on one street.... is going to do less well than a well thought out, well designed, nicely printed leaflet, with a good "call to action" on it that you've had printed professionally and sent 5,000 out.

You never know- you might get 11 clients out of that :)

Last edited:
I'm guessing its different for everyone, but I recently started out mobile, I had 2500 flyers made, they were all delivered (by me) over a 2 week period to my local area. I have had 4 calls / interest, out of these 2 had treatments and have re-booked, 1 is a pamper party booking for next week, and the last one booked an appointment then cancelled last minute. I will definitely be doing another bigger flyer drop over the summer, as the pamper party booking alone has covered cost of flyers.
For me personally, flyer drops is the only form of advertising so far that has worked, tried facebook, contacting businesses, given free vouchers to fayres etc, but not one client from any! Word of mouth is now starting to kick in too through friends, and already had a booking from a friend of one of flyer drop people!, so personally I am only going to focus on flyers and website as advertising.
hth

Normally for a new business if budget allows 5,000 is a good starting point. It sounds a lot but you will get through them. However if you feel 100, 250 or 500 is more appropriate we do that amount too. People tend to buy less now days due to the cost and wanting to minimise outlay. We have prices on our website of you would like to look just to get an idea.

Thanks everyone.:wink2:

If it helps lovely I did a leaflet drop 8n my area for 50% off all treatments throughout may. I had 2500 flyers printed and they had my contact details with a big 50% off on the front and examples of prices on the back. I only had a chance to hand out 1000 before I was so busy I didnt have time to do anymore.

I think the most important thing to consider when doing leaflets is what will stop people from throwing it straight in the bin. This is why I did 50% off. And target all different types of communities dont guess who your clients will be.

You can never know how many new clients you will get or how long theyll stay but if its a good enough offer you wont ne3d as many leaflets. Hope that helps x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Normally for a new business if budget allows 5,000 is a good starting point. It sounds a lot but you will get through them. However if you feel 100, 250 or 500 is more appropriate we do that amount too. People tend to buy less now days due to the cost and wanting to minimise outlay. We have prices on our website of you would like to look just to get an idea.
Bannerpenguin, how muc will 5000 flyers cost roughly? xx

when i started my business a year a go i got 1000 flyers made and hand delivered them... so i knew they were delivered... i got clients coming in saying they never got them (i knew they had) or must have thrown them straight in the bin!! They were my biggest regret. I live in a village with over 1000 houses now. The majority of people who came in to salon had noticed the posters and business cards i had put in local chippy, chinese, shops etc. and of course word of mouth from the hairdressers which i work in.

The leaflet drop was invisible, just got swept up with the junk mail and binned:(

I agree this can be the case but it comes down to the quality of your leaflet and the design. Not saying yours where bad but can be one of the reasons they get binned :)

People who use vista print on a pre done template and where everyone's looks the same just with different name and phone number and wonder why they get no response.

when i started my business a year a go i got 1000 flyers made and hand delivered them... so i knew they were delivered... i got clients coming in saying they never got them (i knew they had) or must have thrown them straight in the bin!! They were my biggest regret. I live in a village with over 1000 houses now. The majority of people who came in to salon had noticed the posters and business cards i had put in local chippy, chinese, shops etc. and of course word of mouth from the hairdressers which i work in.

The leaflet drop was invisible, just got swept up with the junk mail and binned:(

Latest posts

Back