Flyers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
hi everyone

Does anyone do flyers if so do you print them out yourselves or do you use someone else. I am looking to advertise this way and was just wondering what the cost would be. My local paper said if i do 1000 flyers they would post them for me for £20.00 in there paper when it gets delivered.

If you are doing a lot of flyers it's cheaper getting them done by a printer. Thats a really good price that your local paper is offering. I would ring round a few printers and get some prices, you'll find its not much more to get 2 or 3,000 done too, so its worth getting more than you need a maybe getting them delivered to other area's. hth x

try contacting the brand you are using..many will give you free promotional flyers..after all by what you are doing then you are promoting their buisness also
give them a call and see what they say:hug:

For flyers I think I have visited almost every company going to try and get some printed as cheaply as possible. You really have to do your research on this, some companies are cheap on one thing but not everything else.

I know a lot of people use VistaPrint, and I used but I never really liked them so have found some alternatives.

Now, when looking for Leaflets / Flyers have a thing about what you want - do you want a leaflet, a postcard or a flyer? Sounds silly but when you are having stationary printed its really important ... what you have printed could increase the price by 17.5%! Flyers are Zero VAT rated where as Post Cards and Business Cards are 17.5% VAT.

So for me all my "leaflets" are actually flyers to get the price down. Next is size, how big should they be - I always go for the standard Flyer size of A6 (quarter of an A4 page). Its a good size to put some information on, and because you don't want to be too wordy on a flyer means there isn't too much whitespace left.

Right, now what about thickness? This is really crucial I feel. The thickness and style of the print and paper stock reflects you and your business and their is a lot to choose from. You can go from 150gsm right up to 330gsm. Which one is best? You choose, before you get any print job done make sure you request a sample of the type of products you are choosing. To see the print quality, the stock thickness and weight, the colour reproduction and overall quality.

Finally do you do singe or double sided? My latest print run double sided was exactly the same price! So I went double sided, Waxing on one side and Massage on the other. I designed the Massage side with a nice blank white space in ... all of a sudden it doubles as an appointment card!

Right, now so who's the cheapest? My research led me to Quattro Print UK - full colour brochures / flyers / leaflets / posters / envelopes printing who are currently printing 5,000 250gsm full colour double sided flyers, including delivery for the sum total of £56.

For that money I'm probably not going to get many more business cards printed ... I can get about 500 - 750 bus cards for that price, single sided.

If anyone would like to see my flyer designs for ideas let me know and I'll put them up on my website - not sure posting them here would be within the Commandments.

Mat

Just want to add to this, I've just taken delivery of my box of flyers - think the poor Parcel Force guy nearly did his back in lifting them. They look amazing! Really nice thickness of paper, great quality print and an absolute bargain!

Mat

Just want to add to this, I've just taken delivery of my box of flyers - think the poor Parcel Force guy nearly did his back in lifting them. They look amazing! Really nice thickness of paper, great quality print and an absolute bargain!

Mat

Nice one Mat and good luck with generating new buisness from them.
Maybe as some inspiration to others you would be kind enough as to let us have a wee look at an image?

Latest posts

Back