Folliculitis treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebear

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Can anyone recommend a good product/remedy for treating Folliculitis?

Can you give a bit more info? Is it post treatment, post shaving, man or woman etc?

If it really is folliculitis you will need antibiotic cream/ tablets from your GP

If it is non-infected redness then tea tree oil or savlon will help

Can you give a bit more info? Is it post treatment, post shaving, man or woman etc?
Female, black skin, post excessive tweezing

First thing is for her to stop tweezing and clip the hair instead. There is something stuck in the follicles which is causing it to become inflamed, so I'd calm it down as much as possible. If you have a galvanic machine then iontophoresis is very good with just a normal gel (aloe vera for example). She mustn't apply any oily product while the skin in broken so I would also give her some gel to keep the area moisturised too. The follicles should come to a head to clear the blockage, after which you'll be able to help her find an alternative to tweezing. If the skin is very inflamed and weeping don't touch it, she needs some antibiotics as CFBS says.

First thing is for her to stop tweezing and clip the hair instead. There is something stuck in the follicles which is causing it to become inflamed, so I'd calm it down as much as possible. If you have a galvanic machine then iontophoresis is very good with just a normal gel (aloe vera for example). She mustn't apply any oily product while the skin in broken so I would also give her some gel to keep the area moisturised too. The follicles should come to a head to clear the blockage, after which you'll be able to help her find an alternative to tweezing. If the skin is very inflamed and weeping don't touch it, she needs some antibiotics as CFBS says.

Thanks! I will try the galvanic with aloe Vera gel!

Latest posts

Back