for mobile techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

how do i dispose of acetone when i use it on a client?
and how do you go about disinfecting your tools in between clients
i have 2 sets of tools but what if there is a lot of girls having a manicure party or something?
and how do i dispose of cavicide?
just got a big bottle but havent used it yet
xx

I'm not actually full time mobile yet ...... still doing some training but when I'm mobile doing family & friends I use the cotton pad soaked in acetone wrapped in tin foil method when I need to soak off. The soaked pad gets scrunched up in the tinfoil after use & popped into a plastic bag which I tie up once all the rubbish is in it & take it home for disposal.

For tools I use a spray sanitiser whilst out & about then give them a good soaking in Barbicide at the end of the day once I'm back home.

Hi,

I do the same as Karen.

I use the foil and wool method to soak off and place them in a sealed plastic bag till i get home as for my tools i have two sets i place one set in steraliser in the morning when i start my first client i swop them over so i alsways have a clean set of tools to use and give them both a good soak over night.

I brought two small boxes from www.nailorder.com and i use them

Hi, when using acetone, i normally soak it up in the paper couch roll at the end of the service and bin it. I also have chlorispray for disinfecting tools between clients and I soak in barbicide at home too. Havent used cavicide so cant comment on that? hth x

i am fully mobile and use babys nappy bags for putting all my rubbish in. once they're tied ... no smell. i also spray disinfect my tools between clients, but have also got a small jar of barbicide solution which i dunk my tools in whilst travelling from one client to another. as far as i know, as long as the barbicide is well diluted with water, it can actually go down the sink. maybe check with your local authority. my husband has a chemical disposal unit at his office, which takes care of my waste.

Latest posts

Back