Form fitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaa123

Reaction score
hiya everyone.

I am really struggling with form fitting for a number of different reasons. Any help would be much appreciated

Firstly, on natural c curve nails i cant get the form to go on nevermind stay put! Anyone any ideas?

I also can never seem to get a form flush on the thumb? Is there a trick to this?

Lastly. Stiletto nails. I did my a set and noticed the nails sloped upwards? Is there a specific way to fit the form for different nail shapes?

I know i sound useless at forms but i much prefer them to tipping and have only sculpted since qualifying so any advice

It's difficult to try and help with this one since I would need to see how you are applying the form in person, are you working in a slaon with other tech's who use forms? If you have someone nearby you could get someone to see how you are applying them and pick you up on application x

Last edited:
hiya everyone.

I am really struggling with form fitting for a number of different reasons. Any help would be much appreciated

Firstly, on natural c curve nails i cant get the form to go on nevermind stay put! Anyone any ideas?

I also can never seem to get a form flush on the thumb? Is there a trick to this?

Lastly. Stiletto nails. I did my a set and noticed the nails sloped upwards? Is there a specific way to fit the form for different nail shapes?

I know i sound useless at forms but i much prefer them to tipping and have only sculpted since qualifying so any advice

It's hard to explain as this requires practice.

I usually don't curve foils, I attach them first depending which shape I want (stilettos are different to square shaped extensions) and adjust the shape when mounting on the nail. A good guide is to look at the side wall from a side view and check to see if the lines are angled properly with the sidewall. You will notice an irregularity if the lines do not match.

Stilettos should be angled slightly downwards than short extensions.

It's difficult to try and help with this one since I would need to see how you are applying the form in person, are you working in a slaon with other tech's who use forms? If you have someone nearby you could get someone to see how you are applying them and pick you up on application x

I am looking to find a salon so hopefully that should help thanks for your reply x

It's hard to explain as this requires practice.

I usually don't curve foils, I attach them first depending which shape I want (stilettos are different to square shaped extensions) and adjust the shape when mounting on the nail. A good guide is to look at the side wall from a side view and check to see if the lines are angled properly with the sidewall. You will notice an irregularity if the lines do not match.

Stilettos should be angled slightly downwards than short extensions.

Thankyou this was where i went wrong with the stilletos. At least i know now! Can only improve i suppose! Thanks for the tip. I will try placing the form before shaping. Thankyou very muchh x

Latest posts

Back