Foundation choices help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LashesinWonder

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am trying to pick a foundation brand to add to my kit. Have read many things on the site regarding choices for brides. But am very confused. I know i am to only buy a selection of shades...but which! I have looked at the Kett pallette and Graftobian pallete too. Is this all the foundation I will need? If i was to buy mac face and body (my favourite choice based upon reviews...if not going for a pallette) Then what shades would i buy for starting up my kit? :eek:

Any help woukd be greately appreciated.

Do make up companies supply samples? This might be a way forward.

Most don't give samples i'm afraid.

If you go with face and body, what i did was buy the lightest and darkest in both C and N shades and then bought white so i could mix the shade I wanted. If you have a pro card its not too horrific price wise. White f&b is a pro product so you'll have to phone order or go to the pro shop for that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I would go with a few shades of Face and Body as well as the white, as mentioned above, as you can now get smaller sizes of these (the big ones last forever!). However, I would say that you also need something with a higher coverage and more of a matte finish. I'll have a think and come back to you but a palette would be a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Most don't give samples i'm afraid.

If you go with face and body, what i did was buy the lightest and darkest in both C and N shades and then bought white so i could mix the shade I wanted. If you have a pro card its not too horrific price wise. White f&b is a pro product so you'll have to phone order or go to the pro shop for that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ill give them a ring Monday. Thanks so much for the advice! So which shades am i to buy? Been looking at there website :) x

I would go with a few shades of Face and Body as well as the white, as mentioned above, as you can now get smaller sizes of these (the big ones last forever!). However, I would say that you also need something with a higher coverage and more of a matte finish. I'll have a think and come back to you but a palette would be a good idea.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanks for the helpful info. Yes recommendations on a palette would be awesome! I will post links to the two I was looking at x

I can recommend Mii cosmetics, my brides absolutely love the flawless look and how it doesn't feel heavy on their skin, message me if you would like more info x

Camera ready cosmetics supply samples of Graftobain, however they are based in the USA.

I have placed many orders with them and you get things very quickly.

I love Graftobain makeup and recently recommended it to readers in magazine I write for :)

Camera ready cosmetics supply samples of Graftobain, however they are based in the USA.

I have placed many orders with them and you get things very quickly.

I love Graftobain makeup and recently recommended it to readers in magazine I write for :)

Thanks so much for your reply! I will look into it. Do you think its worth going for the palette i have provided a link to? :)

Have checked out camera ready cosmetics. Its amazing!! Any advice on what shades i should be buying? x

I would recommend buying a couple of the palettes don't buy individual shades until you know what shades you are running out of the most:)

They do:
Neutral
Cool
Warm

RCMA is also a good foundation and can be bought from Screenface

I would recommend buying a couple of the palettes don't buy individual shades until you know what shades you are running out of the most:)

They do:
Neutral
Cool
Warm

RCMA is also a good foundation and can be bought from Screenface

Thanks so much for the help. Definately going with the palette. If i just bought the netural for now and after a few clients use the money to buy anther, do you think this would be ok. If so then which one? Was thinking the netural :)

Also how long did it take for you to recieve your palette?
:biggrin:

it took me 2/3 weeks to get it however you do have to pay customs charges before the post office (royal mail) will send it out to you.

I got the cool and neutral palettes, but its personal choice and depends on your budget, only you can say how much you can afford to spend.

due to xmas and postal cut off dates you might be better buying it in the new year if you can wait that long

You can buy the palettes in the UK however they are VERY expensive

it took me 2/3 weeks to get it however you do have to pay customs charges before the post office (royal mail) will send it out to you.

I got the cool and neutral palettes, but its personal choice and depends on your budget, only you can say how much you can afford to spend.

Are these palettes the only foundations in your kit? :)

No I use RCMA and grimas foundations

Latest posts

Back