Foundation cutting course - worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSB

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
I'm just looking for opinions please :) I'm thinking about doing a foundation cutting course to compliment my NVQ2. I'm only at college one night a week, and work experience in a salon one or two days a week.

I don't by any means think I will be qualified to cut hair once I've taken the course, but I am thinking that any extra tution that I can get would be a bonus... what do you think? Do you think they are worth the money? Would it look good on my CV?

Is there anything else I could do if you don't think it's a good idea? I'm willing to try what I can!

TIA,
Cam x

Sounds like a great idea. NVQ2 is a very basic course, and lots of people acheive it. Anything that sets you apart will really help your career.

Brilliant, thanks :) I really want to do everything I can to give myself a good start! In an ideal world I would go back in time 10 years and do an apprenticeship, but at 27 that's not going to happen LOL.

I guess if it doesn't even necessarily teach me anything it will show how passionate I am and am willing to go the extra mile!

Thanks for your reply!

xxx:hug:

i would definately go for it, you will learn so much. Training is such a important part of hairdressing and you can never stop learning. I have been hairdressing 12 years and still regularly go on colour/cutting courses/seminars it keeps you up to date and inspired. get as much knowledge under your belt as possible it will give yourself and future employers confidence in your abilities.

Latest posts

Back