Foundation for spot prone skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygeek*

Reaction score
Hi guys I wondered if anyone could recommend a foundation that helps spot prone skin? I no there's a lot of posts on here for long lasting foundation however I wondered if u geeks could help with recommending ones for this issue. It's for personal use and iv nearly given up hope ( I mostly have breakouts round the chin) n have tried everything, I'm currently using Clinique anti blemish however the colours not great

Thank you for any suggestions :) xx

Hi I'm using Mac mineral foundation which is great although you do need to layer for coverage x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find Bare Mineral foundation helps with acne prone skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything that doesn't contain Bismuth Oxychloride in it as it is renowned to irritate. I have seen people break out in spots wearing all sorts of high end shop bought make-up including maybelline, clinique, and bare minerals to name but a few. My daughter suffered with the worst red face and spots until we changed her foundation to a Jane Iredale one, now she has no spots and no redness.

This also is relevant for cleansers, toners and moisturisers, not all are suitable for some skin types and will cause spots, redness and irritaion. Environ skincare achieves amazing results with spot/acne prone skin but you would need to find a suitable outlet as this is not bought in the high street nor is Jane Iredale Mineral Make-up.

Can second Virtues comments. Try a really good mineral make up such as Jane Iredale, but also have a look at your skincare. Are you using wipes or harsh high alcohol type products, or something like Clinique that can really strip the skin?

If you are prone to breakouts, try and be kind to your skin rather than attacking it. Avoid anything too harsh and invasive.

Hope that helps,

Vicki x

Sorry for late reply but thanks for the comments, I went shopping yesterday and treat myself to some new clarins skin care :) and am looking up about Jane iredale makeup now :) x

Ditto for virtues2011 comments and think that mineral make-up is best although I really didn't like Jane Iredale, I thought the fishes wasn't great.

I really like the Bobbi Brown mineral foundation, I think it has the best finish without the Bismuth. x

Latest posts

Back