Foundation woes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlazedFingertip

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm popping over from the nail forum to ask all you lovely ladies for some much needed advice! I've recently been on the hunt for a new foundation that will last the entire day! I have normal to combination skin (oily t-zone) and have tried numerous foundations over the past few weeks...such as clinque, urban decay, benefit, no 7 and I thought I'd found a winner with bareMinerals. Turns out the bareMinerals is making my face itchy and red so I'm returning it to feelunique.com who were excellent in accepting the return!

I have heard Revlon Colorstay is pretty good and I have purchased a bottle but I was wondering if anyone else had other suggestions or had the same reaction to bareMinerals as I did?

Thanks!! xxx

I had the same problem with foundation sliding off until I changed my moisturiser, Nivea do an oil free day moisturiser that's really good for under make up. It's in a rectangular box, asda sell it I'm sure. I use Mac studio fix and that's been the best foundation I've found so far. I hope you find something to suit you I know how frustrating it is!

Karis Xx

I had the same problem with foundation sliding off until I changed my moisturiser, Nivea do an oil free day moisturiser that's really good for under make up. It's in a rectangular box, asda sell it I'm sure. I use Mac studio fix and that's been the best foundation I've found so far. I hope you find something to suit you I know how frustrating it is!

Karis Xx

Hi Karis! Thanks for the reply, I actually used Nivea (not the oil free one but the normal one). Yeah its rather frustrating..I loved the urban decay naked skin but it was breaking me out...same with the bareMinerals. Clinque doesn't sit nice on my skin and no7 is just horrible! I'll pick up the oil free moisturiser next time I'm in. Can't hurt to give it a try

Hi

Just to add that whatever foundation you end up going with if you use a primer underneath you will get a much better finish & longevity (especially on an oilier skin type).

Rich

Hi

Just to add that whatever foundation you end up going with if you use a primer underneath you will get a much better finish & longevity (especially on an oilier skin type).

Rich

I have been using a primer :)

Dior forever skin is nice x

i should probably add that while my skin is normally normal/combination right now its very dry due to the reaction...any suggestions for a hydrating serum or moisturer that will help?

Ah, okey doke :)

For me, a Decleor aromessence is superb at delivering hydrating & suppleness without being oily. Neroli would be a great balancer but Rose D'Orient is for sensitive/reactive skins...although the Solaire is great for summer and for sensitive too.

Layer under your moisturiser :)

Ah, okey doke :)

For me, a Decleor aromessence is superb at delivering hydrating & suppleness without being oily. Neroli would be a great balancer but Rose D'Orient is for sensitive/reactive skins...although the Solaire is great for summer and for sensitive too.

Layer under your moisturiser :)

great, thanks!! :)

My skin is sooo oily and i work in a salon so its always hot and sticky so my face always looks super shiny! The only foundation i would ever wear it estee lauder double wear and they will give you a 10 day free sample i always use a powder too even if its a cheap rimmel one

Inglot YSM cream foundation is for oily/combination skin and is really light on the skin it has never caked once, it suits a lot of different people too and the colours are great, also no SPF so no white face!

Mac studio fix is brilliant and I have only recently started wearing it and it has stayed on pretty much all day (I have dry skin)

Also dont forget to use a setting powder, Vichy Dermablend powder or Inglot HD powder are both really good & translucent :)

Revlon colorstay 683933527% recommended ! I use the combination oily one paired with the -rimmell stay matte powder- and I have extremely oily skin lasts from 730 am to 9pm when I get home from a busy day :) but I do also prime, colour correct, conceal then foundation :) highly recommend it tho!!

Try primer, powder, foundation in that order. It was a tip from a makeup artist on YouTube,and really good for people with oily skin. Try it!
Also I'd recommend Mac studio fix :)

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

If you like the wear and finish of bare minerals, try Jane Iredale pure pressed base. It is quite similar but Jane Iredale removed bismuth from their products many years ago when it was found to be an aggravant. Bismuth can make the skin itch and tingle and can cause redness but is still found in a lot of mineral make up that is supposedly good for your skin and is found in bare minerals. I love ji and have only used them on my skin for many years. The other advantage is because it's a mineral powder, you can top it up really easily although I never need to, and it has a broad spectrum spf of about 18.

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

MAC Studio Finish or Karaja Skinelvet

Both fantastic - mac is a better but similar makeup to revlon colourstay. Love it use it daily..

Karaja skin velvet is the best makeup iv used ever but because its imported from italy sometimes can take a while to come - worth the wait!

I used to use Mac Studio Finish but was getting fed up of the cost, Revlon Colorstay is just as good. One of my friends uses Estee Lauder double wear after I reccomended it a few years ago, she got fed up of paying out for that so I suggested Colourstay and she loves it too. It's a good alternative to studio fix/double wear.

Latest posts

Back