Foxy hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also been given 30%. I'm so confused as to who I should choose.
I'm finding this a little scary as I just don't want to fit anything that's not adequate. I've been a self employed stylist for 6 years and worked my butt off to gain the reputation that I have. I dont want to jeopardize that x

Everyone will have their fav supplier. This board seems to change opinion on a monthly basis on who the best supplier is. If your choosing to purchase lower end hair their will always be hiccups along the way. Suppliers seem to have runs of supplying really nice hair consistently then boom a problem arises and everyone moves onto the next flavour of the month.

Best thing to do is to choose your budget, purchase a bag or two of hair from those suppliers that you have narrowed down and fit them to a couple of friends or family member. Supply them with the products designed to be used on the hair purchased so you know the correct products are being used and after 6-8 weeks you will be in a better position to decide on your fav supplier based on how the hair has held up over a period of time.

Also obviously the quality of hair is very important but so is bond quality, ease of removal, delivery timescales, choice of length and colour, good Customer service, being able to contact them easily Etc etc. Purchasing a small amount of hair from various suppliers will give you a chance to check all this out too.

Good luck xx

I've also been given 30%. I'm so confused as to who I should choose.
I'm finding this a little scary as I just don't want to fit anything that's not adequate. I've been a self employed stylist for 6 years and worked my butt off to gain the reputation that I have. I dont want to jeopardize that x

I always ask for samples in my own colour and pop some in my own hair, I leave it in for at least a month, to me this is the only way to tell if any hair is any good or not. Buying it, feeling it and washing it isn't enough in my opinion,but that's just me lol x

I always ask for samples in my own colour and pop some in my own hair, I leave it in for at least a month, to me this is the only way to tell if any hair is any good or not. Buying it, feeling it and washing it isn't enough in my opinion,but that's just me lol x

My testing is crazy, I also pop a couple in my hair. With test strands I wash it rigorously bash it with products and see how much it can take. I also burn a strand to see if it has any synthetic strands in xx

I usually wash the strand 3 times in clarifying shampoo to get silicone and other stuff of the strand. Then install for 6 weeks in my own hair using normal cheap shampoo and no special treatment.

I've totally abided it. I've washed them with crappy shampoo over and over again, used no conditioner. I blasted them with the hottest heat, washed with boiling water, I straightened them without even drying them first!!!! Obviously I would never do this usually but wanted to see how much they took before being rubbish. The angel remy hair is still looking as new. The foxy has been singed. The angel remy Facebook page photos worry me a little though.

I've totally abided it. I've washed them with crappy shampoo over and over again, used no conditioner. I blasted them with the hottest heat, washed with boiling water, I straightened them without even drying them first!!!! Obviously I would never do this usually but wanted to see how much they took before being rubbish. The angel remy hair is still looking as new. The foxy has been singed. The angel remy Facebook page photos worry me a little though.

Why?

Are the photos worrying you because if the hair or the fitting etc? I've looked at a few and some fittings are very poor, colour match is way off and there are a couple of mushroom heads on there too. lol. The Facebook photos shouldn't put you off as they're only a representation of someone else's work not the actual hair quality ;-)

Are the photos worrying you because if the hair or the fitting etc? I've looked at a few and some fittings are very poor, colour match is way off and there are a couple of mushroom heads on there too. lol. The Facebook photos shouldn't put you off as they're only a representation of someone else's work not the actual hair quality ;-)

Mushroom heads? :(

Haha, mushroom heads!!!😂
It wasn't anything I do with the fitting pics, it was how I thought the extensions were being stored but I think I mistook that at storage but actually looking again I think it's photos of the production.

Surely you can spot a mushroom head? And no I wasn't talking about your work hunny yours are fab ;-) xx

Lol do you know which ones are my work lol? I could be the mushroom heads?

I have used foxy for a while, their 4a hair is quite nice.
Maybe for a "standard" option for the clients who do not want to pay against the odds.

I love beauty works personally considering they are only slightly more expensive than foxy when paying trade.

Thanks x

Haha, mushroom heads!!!😂
It wasn't anything I do with the fitting pics, it was how I thought the extensions were being stored but I think I mistook that at storage but actually looking again I think it's photos of the production.

I mentioned this when they first started out ( if it's the same ) the pics of the hair were taken on a wet patio / paved floor..don't know if it's still like this or not, they also told me they have a warehouse / factory in market drayton which wasn't true

I mentioned this when they first started out ( if it's the same ) the pics of the hair were taken on a wet patio / paved floor..don't know if it's still like this or not, they also told me they have a warehouse / factory in market drayton which wasn't true

Still ... There hair is better then most company's and lasts a hell of a long time... And it's pure luxury for budget price

I recieved my colour ring in the post from Angel and its really shredding(loads) is this normal love locks?x

I recieved my colour ring in the post from Angel and its really shredding(loads) is this normal love locks?x

It's only the colour ring the hair doesn't shed

Still ... There hair is better then most company's and lasts a hell of a long time... And it's pure luxury for budget price

I'm not disputing the fact that the hair is good for the price I have removed a few sets that another extensionist fitted horribly and the hair was still in great condition.

Thank you ladies x

Latest posts

Back