Free beauty training at college

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawncbn

Reaction score
Hi all, check out your local colleges to see if they are participating in giving us older folk free courses:)

I took on a beauty junior and hairdressing junior through 2 different colleges in Liverpool. I am a hairdresser and I just happened to mention to one of the staff at the college that I hate not being able to wax etc for when the beautician is off. She told me that their college was offering the full beauty course to older people which would normally cost a couple of thousand pounds, free:eek: So I said, "put my name down". I have just found out there are 7 of us starting on Tuesday. 4 of us are salon owners, so we will be expressed through the course. By the express, I mean that is a lot of the theory stuff, as you well know that college is geared up for school leavers who have not been in the work place before etc. So anyhow, what a great deal. I will at least then get practice in my own place and for once , I am getting something free:) I want to really get into the male grooming side of things as there is a good market for that and my young beautcian, only 23, has just said no way. Where as I dont think like that, been there, seen it done it, type of attitude. I just see it as another bow to my string, so to speak. So I may be asking all you waxing queens out there for some good advice soon on the more intimate parts of waxing. Just ordered myself the hive waxing roller system, we already have the pot. Just read on here that its best to have the two methods. Will keep you posted on the college thing:green:

Hi,
Aren't you lucky! I have just started college as a crinkly ol thing and am having to pay the full price - no fair. Enjoy yourself!

Just out of interest, what age is crinkly?:eek:

Hi,
Aren't you lucky! I have just started college as a crinkly ol thing and am having to pay the full price - no fair. Enjoy yourself!

Hi Dawn, fantastic information and good luck with the course, thinking of your young therapist, if she is only 23 wouldn't it be a good idea to introduce her to male grooming slowly, because of her age she may feel shy, voulnerable and inexperienced. I say this because at 23 years old I was really shy and if I was told that I had to do male grooming I would have been put off, but if I was told by my manager that we can take it slowly then I would have felt better, what do you think?:hug:

Hi Dawn, fantastic information and good luck with the course, thinking of your young therapist, if she is only 23 wouldn't it be a good idea to introduce her to male grooming slowly, because of her age she may feel shy, voulnerable and inexperienced. I say this because at 23 years old I was really shy and if I was told that I had to do male grooming I would have been put off, but if I was told by my manager that we can take it slowly then I would have felt better, what do you think?:hug:

Hi, fair point about the shy thing. To be honest I didn't think of it on those lines as she doesn't seem the shy type at all. But now that you mention it I shall try and steer her slowly towards it.
Its a shame some of the other colleges out there aren't following suit. Maybe some are but not advertising it. Mine wasn't, I just got lucky by mentioning it. It maybe an idea to phone a couple in your area and ask the question, you never know :)

Latest posts

Back