Free edge seperation from acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkletips

Reaction score
I have done search on this subject and I can see that the most often suggested solution is cuticle oil being used daily to prevent the problem and secondly capping. I think perhaps i'm not capping correctly? this only seems to be a problem on clients that have had a few infills already so the tip has definitely grown out and been filed away if you know what I mean and now its just the acrylic over natural nail. I do try to cap a little acrylic over the free edge when I infill but I think i'm then filing it off when I finish file??? anybody else have this problem??
to combat the problem I have been using my efile to sort of blend the natural nail into the acrylic underneath, is this the correct way to handle the problem? TIA xx

Yes, I have the exact same problem and I've handled it just as you did by blending underneath with a UNC......would love to hear some feedback on this as well......

When you do the refills and it's gotten to the point where there's no tip and only the natural nail on the free edge you need to apply bonder and primer to the free edge as well as Capsulating it.
After you file and you're going to put your finishing Gel make sure you apply some to the free edge. It'll help it be a lot more durable I use nsi glaze n go

I hope that helps you[emoji4]

When you do the refills and it's gotten to the point where there's no tip and only the natural nail on the free edge you need to apply bonder and primer to the free edge as well as Capsulating it.
After you file and you're going to put your finishing Gel make sure you apply some to the free edge. It'll help it be a lot more durable I use nsi glaze n go

I hope that helps you[emoji4]

where do you mean apply bonder and primer? under the nail or between that little bit of free edge pulling away and the acrylic?
I use glaze n go too and always cap the free edge but never thought to run a bit under the nail. is this what you mean? that would probably help but then at the next refill you would have to file it out again?? sorry if i'm mis understanding what you mean? xx

Yes apply it to the free edge since u file that area it comes loose it's always best to apply bonder/primer there then capping with with a little acrylic then file again and cap with glaze n go

Latest posts

Back