Free hand or Airbrush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
Hiya
Wanted to do a poll, but couldn't figure out how :cry:... (maybe just for premiums?)

Anyway, do you prefer to do free hand or airbrushed nail art? Why do you prefer your chosen method?

Linzi x

linzi said:
Hiya
Wanted to do a poll, but couldn't figure out how :cry:... (maybe just for premiums?)

Anyway, do you prefer to do free hand or airbrushed nail art? Why do you prefer your chosen method?

Linzi x
I prefer free hand.When I attempt to do airbrushing I end up looking like I`ve been in the `messy play` area of mothers and toddlers!.Besides my compressors crap,I got it from machine mart and it jumps around the floor and give me a hell of a headache!

Hi Linzi

This is a tough one cos i love both and for different reasons. Free hand is great i love placing dried flower in the Acrylic then adding nailart to it afterwards but because in not very good at free hand (not artistic) i thought i'd try my hand at airbrushing, Which im hocked on. When i first started i thought that it was just a matter of putting a colour on and add another to make it look good but that wasnt the case at all. Airbrushing is an art in its self...you build the picture piece by piece with airbrushing. Yes you have stencils and masks but ripping a piece of paper and making a great design is even better..!
I cant choose...i love them both

vicky x
linzi said:
Hiya

Linzi x

I'd like to eventually do airbrushing (note:eventually[/]i, lol).
So I'd have to say freehand right now. When I was at school, I used to have a different design on my nails every night. LoL I must've been quite sad when I was at school!

i love my airbrushing
i can do my own nails with masks and you cant tell, with freehand i get the shakes when doing my right hand with my left.
also my airbrush is fab for a french manicure looks crisp and lasts ages.
i love watching peoples faces when they get their nails airbrushed for the first time. some are fascinated by it.
plus you can go mad with colour and if you make a mistake quick wipe with water and off you go again

Airbrushing for me! I'm useless at freehand, I can just about manage dots - so I'd be lost without my airbrush and compressor.

Even before I went to beauty school, I learned how to do nail art. I'd practice on my friends, doing party nails, and hand painted designs. I made a lot of money in High School! So by the time I went to nail school, I pretty much had the hang of it. I love hand painted work. It's so intricate, and you can create some really unique stuff. I tried airbrushing once, but the mechanics of it were too difficult for me (the compressor, not splattering the paint,etc,.) Maybe one day I'll try it again, but for now, I love hand painting.

talontedbitch said:
I prefer free hand.When I attempt to do airbrushing I end up looking like I`ve been in the `messy play` area of mothers and toddlers!.Besides my compressors crap,I got it from machine mart and it jumps around the floor and give me a hell of a headache!
Hello

Just read your post about your compressor, Because compressors are noisey and not that good to start with, this is what I have done as a solution, if you want to try this out. I've connected my airbrush to a Co2 gas canister, this is more efficient its quieter, its stable and its cost effective, because your not using electricity and you just go and get it refilled when its run out for a low cost.
The results of the airbrushing itself is clearer and there no splats, just nice and smooth results.

I brought a good airbrush from Ebay, brand new from Folley Models. Cost was £39.99. You can get the canisters from the places that sell fish tanks.

Dawn

HI l really like free hand, l've got a compresser and air brush but l'm a bit scared of it, mostly the cleaning part of it, worried its all gonna fall apart if l take out the pin, the parts are so small!! l mostly use it for tanning (got different brush for that). xx

Freehand, definitely :Love: . I can and do use my airbrush but I prefer the creativity of freehand. I can play for hours surrounded by all my nail art stuff. Friday is my day off and I always change my own nail art on that day. Mums at the school know this and always ask to see what I've been doing on a Friday afternoon. I've managed to grt loads of referals this way.

Shaza

l love airbrush french - so clean and crisp.

BUT freehand you can do anything your imagination lets you.

Another 'but' is coming lol

with an airbrushed canvass and freehand on the top it can be quite beautifull.

Latest posts

Back