Freehand nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRL4YOU

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been offering nail services from home for a couple of months now. I offer some 3D sculpting (the easy ones) from self learning at home. However, I'm now beginning to have requests for free hand drawing art! I'm looking for classes to enroll in in the meantime, but in my city it's only offered a couple times a month. So until then, I'd like to start practicing from home and playing around with the free hand drawing to see what I can come up with! I think a lot of the art, I can do without classes as long as I keep practicing.

I've tried a little bit from home however I find the product or brush in using is not working! I find the drawing comes out looking kind if faded... So my question is, what kind of brushes/colors do you use for free hand art?

Is there a specific paint/color product made for free hand drawing that I can purchase? Or do you usually just work with nail polish colors?

Sorry for the many questions! Salongeek has always been so helpful to me in gaining knowledge!

Whoops, I meant to write: the nail art classes are only offered a couple of times a year ***

YouTube has tons of nail art tutorials!
I normally just use my polishes for my nail art but I know a lot of people use acrylic paint because it lasts longer. You can get sets of acrylic paint on Amazon or from a craft store :)

Hi there, you sound like my friend Hannah, she's amazing at free hand nail art. I on the other hand am so very grateful for the inventor of Konad stamping kits:o
Brushes, I think it's NSI who do a nail art brush kit, there's a stripper brush, a must for all those flicks, fine long lines etc a very shot tipped number 0 brush, so good for polka dots etc and now you've reached my artistic limit:D
I bought a pack of children's poster paints. They last forever and yes the colours stay super bright. They don't need thinning or anything, just use them straight from the pots. Google nail art images and you will get hundreds of choices, I'm sure they will give you plenty of inspiration. They dry super quick too. Then it's just remembering to float your top coat over your finished work rather than drag the brush along the nail because acrylic paint will run.
A last tip, go to Sally's and buy a box of cheap nail tips, bit of blue tack on the back, press into a orange stick and you are ready to paint. Once finished remove the orange stick and use the blue tack to stick your finished design to a photo frame glass so you can display your work.

Thank you so much for the helpful advice xxxx will definitely check it out!

Latest posts

Back