French Anyone???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelxdevil

Geeky Sac Waxer
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well the time has come and I've made a really big decision, I've been on holiday to visit my parents (they live in France) I've decided to take the bull by the horns and move across.

Just a little nervous, has anyone else made the move and is there any tips/advice anyone can offer.

One of clients is in the process of building a house in France, she says there are hardly any nail techs over there!! Good for you, go for it I say, if i didnt have such a large family i would jump at the chance to move away from this country!:green:

just a little nervous on where to start. Hopefully parent's will help me out.

that s right
nail business is kinda new in france
and most of nail techs are not very hmmm polyvalent
they mostly know about uv gel
we don t have real degree or licence to do nails
that s why i went to study in USA
it s hard because people have a lot of wrong ideas about enhancement
we have to fight these rumors everyday
i m about to start a moble business
and i have a blog about nails
i have questions almost everyday some seems really crazy
people don t know about it they believe everything they hear
but if you are good you should give it a try
getting nails done is gettin more and more popular
so it s the best time to make a move
don t wait until it s too late :wink2:

which part of France do you plan to move to?

oh my god, you should do it ....France ..mmmmm how beaautiful! :)

that s right
nail business is kinda new in france
and most of nail techs are not very hmmm polyvalent
they mostly know about uv gel
we don t have real degree or licence to do nails
that s why i went to study in USA
it s hard because people have a lot of wrong ideas about enhancement
we have to fight these rumors everyday
i m about to start a moble business
and i have a blog about nails
i have questions almost everyday some seems really crazy
people don t know about it they believe everything they hear
but if you are good you should give it a try
getting nails done is gettin more and more popular
so it s the best time to make a move
don t wait until it s too late :wink2:

which part of France do you plan to move to?
I'm planning to move near Limoge (St Junien) to be exact. I know there are quite a few English people living there. I could also advertise in the local Carfoure and L'clerks (can't spell) I wanted to be able to offer beauty too and even do mobile if I can.

I just think it would be a great opportunity for the kids too.

Just not sure about insurances, taxes etc.... If you could help me out I would really appreciate any advice x

I'm in the throws of emigrating to Spain. have to say I am mega lucky as Gigi and Sandi are helping me along the way (they're mega unlucky with the gazillions of questions I keep throwing at them! :eek: !). But there are lots of forums about for people aho are moving to different countries. Also your parents should be able to help as they have already done it.

I've also been in touch with the Inland Revenue, Working tax credits, NI and Child Benefit. For example, if I carry on paying my class 3 stamp then I will still get a state pension. There are the pet passports to sort for my dogs - DEFRA will help you on this if you have pets. I've been advised to get rid of all my furniture (most of it's pants anyway) as it won't look right in Spain.

It is pretty easy to move within the EU as you don't need visas etc.

Good luck xxx

I'm in the throws of emigrating to Spain. have to say I am mega lucky as Gigi and Sandi are helping me along the way (they're mega unlucky with the gazillions of questions I keep throwing at them! :eek: !). But there are lots of forums about for people aho are moving to different countries. Also your parents should be able to help as they have already done it.

I've also been in touch with the Inland Revenue, Working tax credits, NI and Child Benefit. For example, if I carry on paying my class 3 stamp then I will still get a state pension. There are the pet passports to sort for my dogs - DEFRA will help you on this if you have pets. I've been advised to get rid of all my furniture (most of it's pants anyway) as it won't look right in Spain.

It is pretty easy to move within the EU as you don't need visas etc.

Good luck xxx
Thanx for that Sassy x I really appreciate it.

What about your beauty insurance etc, will you need to get some there or are you covered on your British insurance?

Sorry to be a pain x

Also do you know any of the forums addresses as I've been to a few and they were pants.

well you have to think about the kind of business you want to create
there are different type that has different taxes and laws
i haven t learned all that yet i have to follow some classes at the "chambre des metiers et de l artisanat"
you have to pass these classes to get your immatriculation
i think the micro business is the best one
for our activity especially if you want to be mobile
salons are way too expensive to start
and taxes hmmm for that that s the bad part in France
the first year taxes are about 300 euros a month
it s more the next year
i don t know if they are treating non french people under another rules
can t really tell
but i m about to create a mobile business so i still can keep you posted about what is there to do
maybe you will need help for translating everything if you take the managing classes it s only 5 days fll time then you done nd you can start your creating process
it s a lil bit complicated in France they love papers :rolleyes:
why do it the simple way when you can do it the complicated one:lol:

Don't know if it's worth the hassle now

I'm planning to move near Limoge (St Junien) to be exact. I know there are quite a few English people living there. I could also advertise in the local Carfoure and L'clerks (can't spell) I wanted to be able to offer beauty too and even do mobile if I can.

I just think it would be a great opportunity for the kids too.

Just not sure about insurances, taxes etc.... If you could help me out I would really appreciate any advice x

Noooooooooooooo :cry: I cant loose my local geeky friend!! xxx Who will I call on when I cock my wax pot up now?? lol! xxx

Aww hun, France is beautiful. What an opportunity for your kids!!!

I cant help with all the info you need re taxes and insurance etc, but I am sure you will be able to get all the info you need. Daddywishfish is in france I think? (i may be wrong) lol - maybe pm her?

Just think of all that loverly foood!! Yummy yum! xxx

you'll have to come for hols if it all goes ahead x

Don't know if it's worth the hassle now

Oh dont give up, try giving the French embassy a ring as when we were moving to Norway we found the Norwegian Embassy in London a massive help for info about lots of things and they knew who we needed to speak to if they couldn't help. Even after 5 years here we still call the UK embassy in Oslo if we come up against something we dont know how to handle. :hug:

hi ya hun i am in the process of emigrating to canada , theres a forum www.britishexpats.com which is good it gives info for all over the world, tells you all about different permits etc.. has different boards for different countries etc.. good luck i know how stressful it is :lol: hth dee x

thanks girlies x Great advice x

don t give up you just need to find the right people to help you
that s what i m doing these days
when i ll be done with all that i still can help you out
but i m going through all that for now so i m lost in it
when i will be done i ll be able to look back and try to explain it to you as much as i can

Thanks for the encouragement xxxx

Going to try the French Embassy, hopefully they'll be able to point me in the right direction.

hi im new but been reading this site for a couple of months , I live in france about 10 mins away from st junien . There is no nails/beauty shops around here unless you go to the cities . The only thing is you have to pay alot of taxes (around 3000 € a year and thats not for it all ) .Im trying to go mobile but i dont know if its worth it as i dont want to do it full time 24/7 and i think you will have to ,to cover the charges. You will be better off soeaking to an accountant because you could go in with your partner etc.The schools are good and its a better way of life.:green:

hi im new but been reading this site for a couple of months , I live in france about 10 mins away from st junien . There is no nails/beauty shops around here unless you go to the cities . The only thing is you have to pay alot of taxes (around 3000 € a year and thats not for it all ) .Im trying to go mobile but i dont know if its worth it as i dont want to do it full time 24/7 and i think you will have to ,to cover the charges. You will be better off soeaking to an accountant because you could go in with your partner etc.The schools are good and its a better way of life.:green:
where abouts are you???

Latest posts

Back