French Gel Overlay vs Shellac French...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphine

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I did two gel overlays tonight, and got to thinking. How many of you are doing Shellac french instead of traditional gel french overlays? Gel overlays always seem to take me such a long time (I'm a bit fussy about them... always afraid of not building them up enough in case they chip) and I would much prefer the time factor of the Shellac. I charge about the same for each service.

Have any of your foregone gel overlays? If you prefer doing gel, is it because of the extra strength, or ? Has Shellac (or one of the other gel polishes) taken over this particular service?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

I wondered about this too when I first got my Shellac, as my main business is Overlays.

Only a couple of my regular clients have changed from Bio Sculpture Overlays to Shellac and they love it, but the others are happy with Bio.

I love Shellac and Bio for different reasons... I think Shellac looks more natural, as it really looks like a nail varnish, but for clients that need extra strength, I go for the Bio NNOs.

The NNO clients come back to me every 4 weeks and the Shellac every 2 to 3 weeks ( I try to have them return in 2 weeks)

What I HAVE found with getting Shellac, is a whole new clientele that would never usually have their nails done as they have no interest in gel nails and can't be bothered with a french paint as it takes so long to dry and can chip easely, so they LOVE Shellac.

My regular NNO clients are getting Shellac on their toes and this is brilliant, so it's win win really!! :)

I move to Shellac or Gelish all the clients that do not need strenght, I also prefer it - money almost the same, less time :) Love it.

Lots of clients had enhancements only beacuse polish did not last long enough on natural nails, lots of clients did manicures only and were not very happy about french polish looking dirty after few days.
And now all of them are sooo happy :) and so many new clients comes..
:green:

Latest posts

Back