french manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SUNsation'NAILS

Reaction score
hi, how do u all get the smile line straight with paint on french manicures, i cant do it at all, goes all wonky and too thick...vic

Hiya,

I use the airbrush & mask for French as you get such a crisp smile line.

Hi ya

I try not top concentrate on applying the white polish, i do one swipe accross the nail with the polish, i find if you concentrate to hard you end up bodging it up. So try and use one motion in a swipe it works for me.

Cazza

cant spell oops (to not top)

:shock: :shock:

Right first you need a good enamel, thats got good consistency........not agloopy one or a runny one...................
Creative enamels work brill................
Like Cazz said, one fluid movment across the free edge..............
rest your brush hand on the edge of the desk, this will help to steady your hand................
A great way to practice would be, and i have pinched this bit of advice from the L&P section on french smile lines.....................
Take a marker pen, draw a smile line on the back of a tip, then try to follow the line on the front of the tip with your enamel........
Practice makes perfect smile lines..............this way you get a feel for the brush, the amount of enamel needed.............
hope this helps
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Hi

A tip that I have found useful is, when you hold your clients finger with your thumb, forefinger and index finger roll/rotate the finger as you paint (like you roll a pen between your fingers) and the gently glide the white tip over the nail.
I hope this helps
Josephine

Hi,
I also found that if you don't concentrate so hard and just apply the white is does better. What I do when my line isnt straight is take a old small paint brush and dip in polish remover and just swipe the smile line quickly and that works for me. :)
Cheryl
Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back