French manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renata709

Reaction score
I work with ibd and bought a professionel gelkit that included a dvd,watching it I saw that the procedure was different than they tought in eveningschool,I allways had liftingproblems untill I used the procedure from the dvd.
MY only question is ,doing a french manicure on naturellnails do you use the buildergels or the colorgels,'cause I have doubts wether my training was ok in eveningschool and they don't show that on the dvd,btw our training was given by the distributor off ibd.
I thought that the buildinggels were only for using forms and sculpting a nail when you don't have long naturell nails
many thanks

My understanding is that the gels used for enhancements are only used for enhancements. I might be wrong and I welcome someone to correct me if I am. But this is my understanding.

So I would go with a gel polish like Akzentz Paint On. That's the most popular product I've seen on this board for that purpose.

I think that you are talking about doing a pink and white french style gel nail over a natural nail without adding any extra length, yes? We call that a pink and white natural nail overlay (nno).

I don't use ibd gel myself but I would assume that as with other systems you can build the nail in exactly the same way except without extending the length because you will still need to build an apex to give strength. Just don't forget to cap the end of the natural nail with gel or it may start to separate or chip.

yes that's what I mean natural nail overlay,well I saw some pictures on the site and the nails were very thin,so I started to wonder wether the nno with pink and white was made just out off colorgel and I can't seem to make them very thin:irked:

for a natural nail overlay you use the clear gel and for nails either with a tip or sculpting you use the builder gels
for the french i use the white builder gel thinly and then use the clear or if you wanted to you can use the builder gels on the natural nails but you need to cure them longer as its thicker the clear cures for 30 seconds and the builder clear is i think 2-3 minutes in the IBD range
HTH

Latest posts

Back