French pearl tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Hey all,
Bought some Pronails French Pearl tips on Monday hoping they would give me a pretty, fancy looking french, but I'm really disappointed in them.
They look pretty in the box but were a pain in the ass to thin, and once buffed and then overlayed, you can't tell they're pearly at all. What's more, they're much more of a yellow-y, 'natural' tip colour than your average french white and quite sheer so show through the nail bed underneath.
If I'd wanted natural look tips, I would've just blended in normal ones and not had the faff of trying to cover a ridge line :irked:
I just wondered if anyone else had tried or had any success with any other French Pearl tips that are possibly whiter (and sparklier), in particular the ones from At Your Fingertips as I was looking to buy some chevron tips from there too.
Right now I can't see me using these tips again, which is a shame as well as a waste of money I don't have.
Shame, cos I love the rest of my pronails stuff!! Hope someone can help!
Lol x

i have french pearl tips, but you dont blend them in, you use them like french white tips.

Backscratchers do a nice one.

maddie said:
Backscratchers do a nice one.

They are a lovely colour......but IMHO they are awful to work with! I have had terrible difficulty with the Backscratcher pearl tips. They sit almost proud of the nail and if you "blend" them then the pearlescent effect is not noticable at all....defeating the object! Perhaps if the well is reduced a bit further then this MIGHT eliminate the caffuffle I have with em! (?)
(And they are quite pricey!)

Maybe its just me! :lol:

Just realised maybe my first post wasn't clear. I didn't mean 'blend' with the pear tips, what I should have said was 'thin'. I always thin my french tips because otherwise there is just too much of a ridge. My Nail Order white tips thin beautifully so I can barely see or feel a ridge without making the smile line go wonky, but these ones just wouldn't thin, and as I said, they were very yellow. I got them out again after posting this thread last night, and they are v definitely yellow, even compared to my natural tips.
Toying with the idea of making my own by airbrushing onto clear tips, that way I can blend the well (which I'll leave unsprayed) and not remove the colour. Would two coats of a good topcoat allow me to take the shine off the design without losing the colour do you think?

the pearl tips i have you definatly dont thin as this takes off the pearl coating that is on the top, just take out some of the well area to create a nicer smile.

Attachments

• pearltipcrop.jpg
    pearltipcrop.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 402
Hmm, mine had no well area, as with normal french whites, but if I hadn't thinned them there would have been such a huge ridge at the end of the nail... Think I will just give up for now! If people want a shimmer finish, I'll put it on at the end. Thanks for everyone's replies though!
Lol x

Latest posts

Back