French pink gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy2021

Reaction score
I’m looking for a pink gel polish for a French manicure. I’d like a translucent colour which gives that healthy look to the nail and not a full coverage pale pink.

Any suggestions please?

Hi Ciderella,
I was recommended "gellux -Pink whispers " Its a very nice transluscent pink and it my client was very happy with it. She wanted as near to natural as was possible for her french.
However it also looks great with 2 or 3 coats just simply worn on its own for a more cover pink look.
Hope that helps
RosieR

Thank you!
I had a French manicure about 20 years ago and she described the colour as a “jam like pink” it looked like clear with a little red through it.

I’m looking for a pink gel polish for a French manicure. I’d like a translucent colour which gives that healthy look to the nail and not a full coverage pale pink.

Any suggestions please?

I like Lilly Nails "Soft Pink" for gel polish french.:). It's pretty much a transculent colour, but a hint of pink that gives the nail a nice glow. It is not opaque, but with an additional layer, it will cover some minor imperfections like small onycholysis for example.
A friend of mine who is also a nail tech swears by Seashell Pink, by IBD. I haven't used it myself but I've seen her use it and it's also got a nice tint as I've seen her nails in real life. Also seen Gelish, Sweet Dream which may also be something along the lines you're looking for? :)

Depends what brand you want! I use pink whispers by gellux, negligee by shellac is great and so is beau

Any suggestions please?

I use OPI and Gelish so my OPI choices would be the classics Passion which is beige-y and Bubble Bath, but also I Theodora You and Love is in the Bare which is a sheer lilac-y pink. In Gelish, Simple Sheer which I think is too sheer and Ambiance which has some shimmer.

Oh, but how can I forget my favorite brand for pinks - Le Chat Perfect Match. They must have ten pinks that would work for French. There's Pink Ribbon, La Princesse, and especially Pale Moonlight and Madras which are sheer pink-opal.

Thanks very much, I’ll have a look at them today x

Hi Ciderella,
Thought about cuccio "bloody mary" as an option. From the colour cocktails collection.
There is a picture of the cuccio colour with 1/2/3/4 coats of it on the model that i have seen. It's translucent red , could it be the one ?
I don't have it myself as it's too sheer, but there is the red tint you may consider.
RosieR x

Hi Ciderella,
Thought about cuccio "bloody mary" as an option. From the colour cocktails collection.
There is a picture of the cuccio colour with 1/2/3/4 coats of it on the model that i have seen. It's translucent red , could it be the one ?
I don't have it myself as it's too sheer, but there is the red tint you may consider.
RosieR x

That was one that I intended to buy but I then started buying The Gel Bottle so I’ll have a look at that too. Thank you!

I really like cuccio's Parisienne Pastille - it's a pearlescent colour but really flattering - esp on older hands. It just lifts the natural nail and can be used over a white tip to soften the contrast without looking too bonkers.

Claw Culture make a pale pink jelly gel. It's extremely sheer... lol, obviously! [emoji1]

Latest posts

Back