French polish yellowing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brapip

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a problem that has flummoxed me!

I use Cuccio gel veneer and also where needed IZ Gel for strength.

But I seem to be having an issue with the whites of a French polish turning yellow.

I've tried several options, including new product range. The only thing that seems to work is to put a base coat of cuccio over the layer of IZ gel, but it's not foolproof as sometimes it still yellows.

Has anyone else had this issue. At first I thought it was a top coat problem with porosity but it's occurring straight from the LED lamp, before clients have done anything!

Help it driving me mad as I love IZ GEL!!

How long are you curing the IZ Gel for? Just looking over my calgel notes and it can yellow if it's cured for any more than 30secs, IZ Gel is like the clear calgel so I assume it's the same?

Perhaps it is yellowing under the cuccio because it is porous? Again just a thought x

How long are you curing the IZ Gel for? Just looking over my calgel notes and it can yellow if it's cured for any more than 30secs, IZ Gel is like the clear calgel so I assume it's the same?

Perhaps it is yellowing under the cuccio because it is porous? Again just a thought x

No I'm curing for 30 seconds. X

Hi, I'm new to IZ gel and I've been told I can use it as a base and top coat. I've found that using it as a top coat it is dull. Some say you don't need to wipe afterwards, some say you do. I'm getting a sticky layer so finding that I need to but still not great. Am I doing something wrong? How long should I cure it for under UV? xx

Latest posts

Back