French Shellac with guides?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah6792

Reaction score
Hello,

Would it be 'bad form' of a nail technician to use French tip templates on a client? I mean those sticker things you put on and paint over (I'm sure there's a proper word for them!)
Basically I've got a mother of the bride coming to me in June and she wants French, I've got 2 months to practise but I'm not overly confident with it and I want it to look really neat for her. So I'm just wondering if this would be an option I could use?

And then for doing French on myself, I cannot do my right hand! So I'm going to give these a go for personal use. Would you take the template off before or after curing?

Thankyou x

Interested to read opinions as well

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

I would think that a client would expect a professional to be able to paint a french manicure freehand. Using shellac is easier than polish because you can at least tidy up with a gel brush and d-sperse if necessary. Keep practicing and have faith in yourself x

Personally I wouldn't use them and if i was a client I'd expect my tech to be able to do it freehand. Like someone else said you can go in with a tiny bit of dsperse on a gel brush after to crisp the line up. Just keep practising :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
You've got time to practise, so you may as well use this as an opportunity to learn, I learnt by buying a packet of cheap tips, using a white striping brush,and painting a faint line on, then painting the tip, some do it in 2 parts, inwards out, some do it vertically, keep practising, you will get it �� x

I do it by holding the brush fairly still and rotating the finger you are painting in one motion if that makes sense. I also hold my breath! Lol.

Hey can u tell me is d sperse the alcohol wipe or the scrub fresh? Good tip :)

Sent from my GT-S7580 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's d sperse to clean up your lines x

Dashing diva 😊

Latest posts

Back