French Tips with Fibreglass

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMB

Reaction score
Hello all, Im newly trained in fibreglass and a client called me over the weekend and asked what system of nail extensions I do, when I replied fibreglass, she had never heard of them, so I explained the difference between acrylic, gel and fibreglass, but she wanted french tips, I said I could polish them french, but they would not be permanent as you can get different coloured acrylics and gel for this but fibreglass is different. This was of no use to her. I do have some white tips that I could use, but whenever I have practiced with these, they look as if they are covering up too much of the natural nail, so I didnt want to mention these. Any tips or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated!

Try cutting the wells out of the french tips, it should make them not so low on her nail beds.
Hope this helps.
Tina x

my only advice would be to get yourself on a gel or l&p course to learn to do p&w. you'll not have to soak nails off and start again when they come in for infills you'll only have to do a rebalance (move the smile line back to where it should be, move the apex to where it should be etc) white tips don't suit everyone and likeyou said can make the nail bed look stumpy. there is sooo much moreyou can do with a p&w...you can enhance rather than just extend. for now though you'll have to use your white tips or french polish them. i know i'm not being much help but really its an excellent way to open yourself up to a bigger market and more money!!

Latest posts

Back