French with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albarn

Reaction score
hi, can you all tell me your step by step for french with gelish please, as i started work in a salon yesterday got asked for french and i didnt feel it looked to good. I got told to prep, bond, base, cure then dab white on brushing the line from behind cure then pink, cure then top, cure and wipe. My problem is the salon only had a 9 watt lamp and i got told to only cure white for about aa min as it bubbles but i was under the impression you needed minimum of 36 watt lamp to cure gelish or you had to increase time for anything else. any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

You need a 36watt lamp or the Gelush won't cure fully and you will end up with nails that won't last or the white will smear when you put the pink in top.

My steps are as follows:
Prep
Dehydrate
Base
Cure 2 mins
Dry brush
White tip (I swipe from side to side)
Cure 2 mins
Pink
Cure 2 mins
Top coat
Cure 2 mins

Sometimes I'll do 2 coats of white depending on how they are looking. I find sometimes the white almost "runs" a little and I like a crisp smile line.
Here's some I did

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336297782.060413.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336297782.060413.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,487
Hi. Gelish colour needs 2 mins in 36 watt, the white will only bubble or wrinkle if it applied too thick!!
Here's my routine
Prep
Ph bond
Foundation (very thin layer)
Dry brush
Colour layer (usually simple sheer or light elegant)
Dry brush free edge
Apply white (thin layer)
Tidy smile line & cure
Repeat white again
Top coat
Cuticle oil

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336376117.253514.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336376140.524068.jpg

Jojo's way is the way I do it too, though I apply another layer of pale pink after the white- don't know why I do that!! also I invested in the nail harmony 18g LED lamp and it is ace... never had a problem with bubbles :biggrin: and if you can't create a neat smile line because either nails are too short or your hand is not steady enough try using a dotting tool, I do this for very short nails to create a nice little line.. it looks fab x

Those pics of a gelish french are beautiful ...very nice ladies :)

When i first did a french using gelish i found it amazing, easy to do compared to using regular polish. Gelish goes on so smoothly and easier to tidy up. I have learned applying 2 thin coats of the Sheek White is far better than applying 1 thicker coat. Now I love doing french :)

Prep
Foundation, and cure 1 minute
Dry brush
Ambience and cure 2 minutes
Sheek white straight on top of cured Ambience.
No other brushing out a smile line or anything. Cure for 2 minutes and repeat.
Top it off, cure for 2 minutes.

All in my CND UV 36 watt lamp.

Attachments

• Gelish Ambience french (hand) Resized.jpg
    Gelish Ambience french (hand) Resized.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 2,318
Hi. Gelish colour needs 2 mins in 36 watt, the white will only bubble or wrinkle if it applied too thick!!
Here's my routine
Prep
Ph bond
Foundation (very thin layer)
Dry brush
Colour layer (usually simple sheer or light elegant)
Dry brush free edge
Apply white (thin layer)
Tidy smile line & cure
Repeat white again
Top coat
Cuticle oil

View attachment 14827View attachment 14828
These French are gorgeous, do you put on just one coat of your colour, I just did a French and found that when I put the TIO on it dragged of some of my white, so I've just replaced my bulbs - im hoping that will sort it..

These French are gorgeous, do you put on just one coat of your colour, I just did a French and found that when I put the TIO on it dragged of some of my white, so I've just replaced my bulbs - im hoping that will sort it..
Thank you hun! If I'm using simple sheer I only use one coat but if I use light elegant I prefer 2 coats. Your white defiantly shouldn't have dragged, it's not properly cured, needs 2 mins!! Changing your bulbs is a good idea, iv never ever had this problem. HTH xx

thanks for the replies, i am using a 9 watt lamp as this is what work has and i think the white may have been too thick as it was shrinking and looked awful, will have to keep practicing.

With a 9 watt lamp you need 3 mins. I do same as jojo but use little princesses pink. I use a smile line slanted gel brush to tidy smile line.

thanks for the replies, i am using a 9 watt lamp as this is what work has and i think the white may have been too thick as it was shrinking and looked awful, will have to keep practicing.

Thinner. coats of your white will be much better!!
Capping free edge each time too :)

Thanks jojo I hope it sorts it, sorry op for asking in your thread..xx

Thanks jojo a few clients haven't got as long from their gelish recently as they should have, fingers crossed, Sorri op for asking in your thread.xx

Latest posts

Back