'Friends' taking advantage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pollypocket85

Reaction score
I am some what annoyed! An old family friend is getting married. I heard through my mum that she wanted me to do your nails and spray tan (she never actually asked me). I eventually text her saying I heard this and I would want to do a couple of trials to make sure the tan looked good. It was left at that.

I saw her last week at her hen do and her mum/sister said 'oh you're doing x nails and tan'. I replied 'yeah I'm meant to be but she hasn't booked in.'.The sister looked annoyed, and the mother said 'oh I think she was expecting you to book in and arrange a date' (that really annoyed me as I know she wouldn't have waited for the florist, hairdresser or makeup artist to book in with her first!!!) so I said 'no she needs to book in with me'. The mother says to x 'you need to book me'. X says 'oh yeah I'll text you Monday'.

It's now Saturday and no text. It's now 3 weeks before the wedding. I wanted to have done a practice tan to work out the best colour and gel her nails to ensure they grow and don't break. I'm fully booked up next week too. I feel very annoyed that she hasn't taken my time seriously and part of me wants to be too busy to fit her in! She's the type who always manages to get her own way without doing a great deal.

How would others deal with this?!

I'd be too busy I'm afraid. I wouldn't have texted her in the first place. You have left the ball in their court and they have done nothing. If they contact you last minute, just say that as you hadn't heard from them you assumed they've used someone else!

I have found in the past that you can bend over backwards to help people, book time out etc for it all to be thrown back in your face.

Keep on doing what you're doing and be too busy x

Thank you! You're right about how I shouldn't of text first but I thought to be kind I would. However she's really taking the piss now. I also feel I'm not in the position to turn down customers just in case she gets in touch. Her sister was annoyed she hadn't got in touch earlier too!!

She clearly doesn't value your professional services if she's not willing to contact you directly. I think she's probably already booked somewhere else and it's just the mums that are trying to organise something between them. Do you think they expect you to offer your beauty services for free?

Personally, I wouldn't chase her and if she does eventually contact you but very late in the day, I'd be too busy to fit her in.

To be fair my mum wouldn't push for it to happen. She already said she doesn't want to be involved. I really wouldn't mind if she wants to go elsewhere. I just don't like being pissed about.
I strongly feel she isn't respecting me as a professional as the beauty side is not my main job. I'm quite stubborn so I don't want to text first as I don't feel I should be treated differently to the other things she's booked in.

Latest posts

Back