Friendships

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my very close best friend and we both put a lot of effort into the friendship, there's nothing we wouldn't do for eachother and we know everything there is to know about one another, I have other friends that I still make the effort with, meet in town every few weeks and the odd text/call for a catchup, I have been let down big time by some 'friends' I'm far too trusting and like to see the good in everyone! Xxx

Iv just called time on one of my friendships, we used to be good friends but she's really changed. I have completely had enough of her and I will not spend anymore time stressing out/worrying about it anymore. I think I am just one of those people that is best off without friends, family is all you need! (Im so pissed off tonight! Lol) x

Iv just called time on one of my friendships, we used to be good friends but she's really changed. I have completely had enough of her and I will not spend anymore time stressing out/worrying about it anymore. I think I am just one of those people that is best off without friends, family is all you need! (Im so pissed off tonight! Lol) x

I don't even need family, they're sometimes worse!

I am a true friend to any of my friends that have respect for me the same way, im not on facebook but know a lot of people that are and it annoys me that some of the people i know have over 1000 'friends' i honestly believe in life you can ever hold out 1 hand and count on every finger how many real friends you have, always make time for the people that make time for you xx

What do friendships mean to you? Are you a good friend?

How much energy do you put into your friendships? Do you wish you could put more in but don't have the time?

Have you been let down by people that you though were your friends?

Have wanted to reply to this ch-ela but didn't know what to say until now. Friendships are somewhat important to me. I would call myself an "emergency friend!" If there is a problem I will be there for them. I have two friends. I don't put a lot of energy into friendships and it's not because I don't have the time. My friends understand me and know that when I want to be around I will, which isn't that often, but i'm always at the end of the phone! Annoying to some I know, but my husband is the person who I run everything past first. He is my first port of call at all times and the one I listen to most. He is great at calming me down and helping me put things into perspective. He's not without fault of course, but neither am I.

My two very close friends have always been there for me. One lives in Australia now and the other has been battling M.E for over 10 years now but they have always been there.

A girl I thought was my close friend stopped talking to me after 11 years of friendship. All because she met her boyfriend through me. They both don't go out without each other and they don't talk to any of their friends. I'm not sure why she stopped talking to me, it hurts but you just have to deal with it.

Another girl that I was friends with for about 6 years, albeit on and off. She constantly had drama in her life, some big and I'd be there for her. But when I really needed her she made excuses, tried to avoid talking about it and returned it too her. I cut her out of my life, she became abusive towards me.

I met five friends in my old job and I see them all at different intervals. One of them I am a lot closer too than the others and she is just amazing. She's always there and because of that I am always there for her.

A new friend of mine, I met just over 6 months ago. Long story short, I'm helping her plan her wedding and I'm one of her bridesmaids.

I'm an extremely loyal friend and when a friend calls at 4am, I answer and if needs be I go to them. This however has meant that people treat me like sh*t and use me. My partner sees these things and gets extremely angry. He hates seeing how much I do for people and how each and every time I get let down and how upset that makes me.

All in all, I don't really trust people or rely on anyone. There's not much point.

I don't even need family, they're sometimes worse!

I could've written that myself. . I'd just leave the 'sometimes' out of it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Someone said to me once it's better to have a handful of really good friends rather than a massive group of friends who you can't really trust and that's how I've kept it. I have 2 best friends from school that I have known 12 years one girl that I have known 7 years but feel like I have known her all my life and a few from hair school who I don't see often but when we do meet it feels like nothing's changed :)

Latest posts

Back