From highlift to 6/73 or 6/3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
hi all,
just back from my hols in scotland, as some of you know i went from bleach to full head highlift 12/11 i am a natural base 6 and my hair now its all highlift is quite brassy now.and my skin tone is changing quite sallow (cool)..any how i have now decided to go back to my natural base of 6 maybe a 6.73 or a 6/3 my cousin who is level 3 and myself wonder that theoretically we should pre pig to copper but i was wondering as the 6.73 and 6/3 which i prefer slighlty more than the 6/73 are warm and as my hair is quite brassy would the 6/3 be warm enough not to pre pig....
if i do need to prepig then the 6/3 would it be too warm ?????
i want a full head colour not lowlights....I have been darker more than blonde and would like a change now..again.....lol
many thanks hair geeks xxxx:hug:

id use the 6.3 if pre pigging , or the 6/73 if not . it really depends on the condition of your hair and how much regrowth/hair in good con there is . or you could use the 6.3 on the root and then add an 1 inch of copper mix into it to do the midlengths and ends as they always absorb more warmth . or you could tint first , see how it drys up and then have some warmer semis to choose from after

id use the 6.3 if pre pigging , or the 6/73 if not . it really depends on the condition of your hair and how much regrowth/hair in good con there is . or you could use the 6.3 on the root and then add an 1 inch of copper mix into it to do the midlengths and ends as they always absorb more warmth . or you could tint first , see how it drys up and then have some warmer semis to choose from after

we were thinking of tint first then maybe a semi , my hair is in good condition...there is no bleach left and its all highlift and my hair is in good condition with a smidge of root regrowth maybe 1/2 cm. so i could do the full head 6/73 . my hair goes so brassy after a few weeks of applying the 12/11 because of my natural base...but i want something to warm my skin up a bit...
so 6/3 if pre pigging and 6/73 if i am not .
i was thinking a 6/73 then maybe a semi of 6/0 to slightly tone the warmth????
thanks liana x

I agree, the 6/73 is a lovely colour and I don't think it would be too warm at all. But yes, you could tone after with a 6/0 semi with 1.9 developer if needed. Remember pics, we all need pics!

I agree, the 6/73 is a lovely colour and I don't think it would be too warm at all. But yes, you could tone after with a 6/0 semi with 1.9 developer if needed. Remember pics, we all need pics!

thanks will do..although i look a tool :lol:

I'm sure you don't! :)

its really hard to say how warm it will come out or how quickly it will fade , so id do it step by step and use your judgement , so maybe a 6/0 to cool it and a 6/74 to warm it if needed

its really hard to say how warm it will come out or how quickly it will fade , so id do it step by step and use your judgement , so maybe a 6/0 to cool it and a 6/74 to warm it if needed

thanks liana :hug:

if it was me
i wud tint the roots with the 6/73, then blonde down with water till damp and apply a quazi in the same shade, this will even out the porosity and save any drier areas suckin in too much and going dark and patchy and deposit enuff colour if u use 4%. . .
no point in tinting blonde hair first time because no matter wot u put on it is gonna have a faster fade, so use a lower peroxide and save ur hair condition for longer. . . i have also found doin it in this way gives a better base for the colour to hold onto to on the second recolour. . . x

the only quazzi range i have used is clynol brilliance as i want to use wella 6/73, which is wellas quazzi range? is it the colour touch range scotty x

wellas colour touches are quazi or semi, but if u use the 6.73 in colour touch and use 4 % and for the first time u use it do so on damp blonde hair, it will take evenly. . .
u cud also look at their colour touch plus range if u can get a hold of a shade chart and see, because they hold REALLY well on previously lightened hair. . the 66/03 (i think, it the golden one) is pretty xx

thanks i was looking at the plus tones on the wella site yesterday, i will try the two as you said.and with the 4% developer...thanks for all you help.
your all so brilliant :hug::hug:

no probs my love, i hope u like it or else you will hate my advice LOL. . . let me know how it goes and stick up a pic of before and after. . .xx

done it...used the 66/03 and 66/07 with 4 %

Attachments

• 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,214
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6,019
wow it looks lovely hun , was having a hard time picturing ya with dark hair :lol: xx

wow it looks lovely hun , was having a hard time picturing ya with dark hair :lol: xx

me too dee...lol and the boys and the dog....lol looking at me funny:lol:

wicked - i didnt realise your hair was short ! looks loverly

awww wow i think it has really warmed up ur complexion. . . u totally suit it. . . and blondes might have more fun, but it cheap laughs LOL haha i kid i kid. . . u happy wit the colour i advised? xx

Latest posts

Back