From renting a room to renting a shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruc123

Reaction score
How much harder is it to go from renting a room in a slon to actually having your own salon?! im desperate for my own shop yet feel a little lost ive been self employed for 3 years now and feel ready yet dont no know were to go or start..any tips?

I have recently done whate you are thinking about, and from the looks of it i have done the right thing. I was in a hairdressers for 2 years, it was noisy and wasnt really able to run my business the way i want to. It is alot more restricing having your own shop, i feel like i am there all the time (people expect you to be there all the time lol) there is also noone there to answer the phone for me or take appointments when i am busy, but it is making my slients book more in advance before they leave, although my family are very helpful if i have busy days. The bills are also alot more but its being balancing itself out and i am really happy i took the plunge.

Hope you go for it, if you have the finances to set yourself up then just do it. Its the worst feeling ever when you think "what if".

Hope my ramble has helped :D xx

I have rented a corner for the last free years. Opening my very own salon this Tuesday. Worked hard to get there but it's totally worth it. Rent space out yourself, this would help to cover the costs. I have 3 girls starting with me on commission basis.

Can't wait.

All the best wishes starting up on your own)

Latest posts

Back