Frustrated with summer house set up problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel90

Reaction score
I've got a summer house in our back garden which is still in the process of being set up for me to use as my beauty room.
Firstly, I've had 3 electricians come and take a look at it to quote for it to be set up to the house etc. None of the electricians got back to me. I have chased up 2 of them (I didn't like the other one that came to look). One has said he will do it but sounds like it's going to cost £1200+. The other has said he wouldn't touch it.

I don't know what to do. I just want to get my business up and running but I'm worried about safety etc. I don't want to do mobile, unless its alongside my summerhouse but I think I might have to.

Not sure I want from this post, just a rant maybe.

Try not to let it get you down. Getting any work done is ALWAYS stressful in my experience but usually worth it when it's finished. :eek: ;)

I recommend that you keep shopping around for quotes until you find someone that you feel comfortable with.

We had major work done on/around our house last year and we were very lucky with the tradespeople we hired. Our electrician was probably the best electrician ever! Very thorough and incredibly tidy as he went along. He's always in demand but it was worth waiting for him to be available. One of the builders we had was a hoot. He was very efficient and full of witty banter. He'd travelled a lot before settling locally and having a family. When he finished slating the roof on our 2 storey garage, he did a handstand on the apex...! :eek::p (He's a part time yoga teacher too)

I sympathise. I work from detached converted garage at home. Although it already had electricity wired up from the house, it was quite basic and wouldn't withstand the amount of energy that I required, so I had to have it upgraded. Just the update cost me £700+. I was gutted and it pushed back my open date. But that was 1 year ago and I love working from home, so it was worth all the hassle ...and money.

Electricians can be tricky to work with.

Because they have to put their name to a job ( self certificate) everything has to be perfect. Any badwork or work they doesn't meet their requirements they either charge a lot or walk away

You just need to find the right person.

Latest posts

Back