full body massage Q

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pammiid

Reaction score
hiya I've just qualified as an aromatherapist na dhave an 'audition' so to speak next week with a salon.

I've to do a full body massage which I've been practising but am not feeling the flow of it??

tutor taught us:

start neck, back shoulders
back of legs
(turn client over)
front of legs
abdomen
arm hand chest neck

NBS usually gets you relaxed so am now thiinking should i not end with that? and start with neck, chest, hand, arm?

any help or advice greatfully rec'd

Px

I always start aromatherapy massage on the back as i was taught.It is the largest area for oil absorption.I always do the face,neck and scalp though which ends the massage perfectly.

thanx Gillian
xpx

the beauty of massage is that it is so forgiving, everyone is taught differently so there is no definite answer.

I personally start on the back, and I think it was what I was taught. wheras swedish I was taught to start at the arm on the front of the body, but have decided that I like to do the massage starting on the back.

I like doing the back is because it does make people more relaxed quicker, it also is less daunting for newbie clients as they aren't lying on their back feeling obliged to talk to you.

i was taught...
front of legs, arms, shoulders, abdomen, back of legs, back..

the routine i do now is...
back, back of legs, front of legs, arms, shoulders...

the reason being is a) not everyone likes they're tummy being massaged... and most people want their back massaged mainly and i found if i finished with the back i was running out of time and was only spending like 10 mins on it.. whereas when i start on the back i do 25 mins on it...
as someone said before, it relaxes them more starting on the back!!

thanx for your comments will just keep going the way i've been taught
thanx lots :)

hiya I've just qualified as an aromatherapist na dhave an 'audition' so to speak next week with a salon.

I've to do a full body massage which I've been practising but am not feeling the flow of it??

tutor taught us:

start neck, back shoulders
back of legs
(turn client over)
front of legs
abdomen
arm hand chest neck

NBS usually gets you relaxed so am now thiinking should i not end with that? and start with neck, chest, hand, arm?

any help or advice greatfully rec'd

Px

Hi

Good luck for your audition.

I prefer the foloowing:

start with scalp, then back, shoulders, arms and then move on to back of legs and finally feet before client turns over.

i then like to do arm, abdomen, front leg and finally feet again to finish

everyone is different and at the end of the day there is no right or wrong as long as the client enjoys

BNLS

I too start with the scalp, back, neck, shoulders, backs of legs, fronts of legs, abdomen (if they want it) arms, ending with a facial (if they want it). I use this routine with Swedish FB too :)

I there

you need to work out a routine that suits you .

I was trained to start on the back of the legs and feet, then back neck shoulders and scalp. Turn over front of legs and feet , tummy arms and finish with decollete and face.

When i do the first consultation i tell people where i'm going to start and run through the prcedure very quickly - if there is somewhere that people don't want massaged they will tell you there and then.

i always want my tummy massaged but sadly alot of theapists don't do it.

Hth's - you just need to find your feet.

Thanx fellow geeks!

Had my trade test "audition" today and I was soooo nervous and shaking like a leaf!

Should find out next week if successful or not - hope that I am successful!

Thanx Again
Px

Latest posts

Back