Full head extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeris

Reaction score
I'm finding lately that I'm not feeling like I have enough hair when applying a full head to my clients And I end up having to order extra packets here and there. Usually the tape in extensions are 18 inches but sometimes I will order 22 inches if the client has long hair or wants mermaid like locks. I'm away from work but I believe the hair is 190 grams. But I could be wrong as a lot of my clients have had their hair since before I started fitting them. Each packet has 40 pieces (so they fit 20 pairs) and I use 2 packets. My sectioning seems fine but I always feel like I need more hair. Does it sound like I have enough hair to you?

So u buy 80 strands for a full head?

Is it only when you apply 22" that the hair doesn't feel as thick? If the 18" and 22" both weigh 190g, the 22" will be finer as it won't contain as many individual hairs as some of the weight is used up by the extra length. Hope this makes sense.

Is it only when you apply 22" that the hair doesn't feel as thick? If the 18" and 22" both weigh 190g, the 22" will be finer as it won't contain as many individual hairs as some of the weight is used up by the extra length. Hope this makes sense.
I generally fit 18 inch as my extension brand has more colour variety in 18 inch then 24 inch. We don't have 22.

I generally fit 18 inch as my extension brand has more colour variety in 18 inch then 24 inch. We don't have 22.

You said 22 inch in your original post

i was mistaken. I don't usually order them but had to the other day.

Ah right ok, so is it only when you use the 24 inch that it feels thinner? Or is it all the time?

I use 140 strands for a full head on clients with fine/medium hair.. I think it's as simple as you need to use more hair haha

OP is using tape ins

Latest posts

Back