Full head foils timing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the employed salon only gets 45 mins which is what I'm applying for to be employed

Ohhhh right sorry. Personally i think that's a bit harsh and dont think a good job can be done in that time but hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I usually take 1hr 15m minimum.. I know a lot of people's full heads only include about 60 foils but mine are usually about 100!

I usually take 1hr 15m minimum.. I know a lot of people's full heads only include about 60 foils but mine are usually about 100!

Yeah same I know people who only out about 20-30 foils in for a full head! It looks crap just looks like they've done it with the cap, I suppose it's better to take longer and get better results 😊

Yeah same I know people who only out about 20-30 foils in for a full head! It looks crap just looks like they've done it with the cap, I suppose it's better to take longer and get better results 😊

Wow how do they get away charging full head price for that?

I've been thinking this about myself recently. In salon we had an hour, but since starting up my mobile business I've noticed I'm taking longer! I don't know if its just the setting everything up and general hassle of doing hair in someone else's home or what but I have noticed I'm taking about 30 mins extra now.

I may try counting the foils when taking them out on my next client, just out of interest :lol:

Wow how do they get away charging full head price for that?

I don't know it was a pretty crap salon tbh, didn't do many foils or that just tended to be blow drys and mens cuts, not my thing so I found another placenta quickly!

not my thing so I found another placenta quickly!

Lol gotta love auto correct :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol gotta love auto correct :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my goodness I didn't even realise that!!!! :irked:😕😕😕

When I worked in the salon we got an hour aswell but mobile i take roughly an hour 30 i think it is the setting up bot having a trolley etc. I also think i get more foils in mobile when i was in the salon an hour wasnt quite enough for my liking. Ideally for me an hour 15.

When I worked in the salon we got an hour aswell but mobile i take roughly an hour 30 i think it is the setting up bot having a trolley etc. I also think i get more foils in mobile when i was in the salon an hour wasnt quite enough for my liking. Ideally for me an hour 15.

I suppose doing mobile is harder, not having a trolley awkward angle with no proper chair etc

It is a pain but ive got one of those 4 unit suitcases which i use for my trolley i open the top case and place my bowls and foils in the slots and i always peel my foils before i leave.

Yeah i always rip a load of foils before i go. I have a big roll of foil 1000×10 in the house so its too heavy to carry about but i do have a small one in my bag incase i run out when im at someones house

I'm wanting to treat myself to one of those foil citing machines the one where you put how many foils you want in and you can control size fold etc!

Takes me about 40-60 mins to apply a full head (I am generous with my foils and do not 'packet' them) have had people tell me I'm quick so I figure an hour is the average!

I'm wanting to treat myself to one of those foil citing machines the one where you put how many foils you want in and you can control size fold etc!

We have one of those in salon and it occasionally likes to let us down by ethier not working at all or just spitting out a few foils at a time which is a nightmare.

I take a little over 1.5 hrs. But start with 1.5%. But because I take so long I'm forever mixing up fresh bleach which adds on more time. I did a little happy dance yesterday as I finished just under 1.5hrs. Yay me.
I had a lady in a few weeks ago with soooo much thick coarse hair with a little head and wanted it very heavily foiled, I practically ran out of room to put the foil in. Haha. Then had to flood roots only inbetween. Was such a challenge.

We have one of those in salon and it occasionally likes to let us down by ethier not working at all or just spitting out a few foils at a time which is a nightmare.

Ah right in theory they seem to speed thing up!!

Latest posts

Back