Full head highlights to Ombre?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When are u doing your ombré colour? Got mine on the 28th! Will be nice to see how they turn out. I've only ever done dark to light my self which I find relatively easy.

Tomme - chill your boots, its a forum we can't accuse everyone of being a none pro. Your much nicer than this in real life :) x[/QUOTE

Thanx.. she hasnt booked yet but will be in the next few weeks al let you know how I get on..

Exactly.. Ive already said Ive never done this before so dont know exactly what I should be doing. Doesnt mean Im not a hairdresser. Came on here for advice not abuse

I admit i was suspicious it seemed like you kept changing you were after techniques there are loads i said i prefer to smudge colour that works for me to blend it better i have not meant to offend you and if i have i am sorry , i did ask you about pre pig to see if you were having me on .
I think there is far to much suspicion on here to the point i am nervy of posting encase people i think i am not pro , i am sorry x:biggrin:

I admit i was suspicious it seemed like you kept changing you were after techniques there are loads i said i prefer to smudge colour that works for me to blend it better i have not meant to offend you and if i have i am sorry , i did ask you about pre pig to see if you were having me on .
I think there is far to much suspicion on here to the point i am nervy of posting encase people i think i am not pro , i am sorry x:biggrin:

To be honest this whole thing has started because I said short hair and its been taken too literally (even though it wouldnt work on short hair so common sense would show I didnt mean this plus I posted a link to a pic) and also because someone was viewing this on their phone so couldnt see the link I had posted.
Like I said I had searched but could only find dark to light.. and I did answer your prepigment question.
It is possible to be a hairdresser and not have experience in every style out there and this is meant to be a place to come for advice and help.
There is wayyyy too much suspicion.. all Im asking for is advice and am getting accused of not being a professional. But thanx for apologising x

To be honest this whole thing has started because I said short hair and its been taken too literally (even though it wouldnt work on short hair so common sense would show I didnt mean this plus I posted a link to a pic) and also because someone was viewing this on their phone so couldnt see the link I had posted.
Like I said I had searched but could only find dark to light.. and I did answer your prepigment question.
It is possible to be a hairdresser and not have experience in every style out there and this is meant to be a place to come for advice and help.
There is wayyyy too much suspicion.. all Im asking for is advice and am getting accused of not being a professional. But thanx for apologising x

I put a thread on about this a few weeks back. I've only gone from dark to light ends. Which is simple.not reverse ombré. I didn't end up doing it as really didn't feel comfortable with it! X

Wow what a saga...are you still looking for ideas or have you given up on us?

This is what I do and obviously it varies from client to client but to keep it a soft ombré look id take a diamond or triangle section through the top and back. For me this would be the daker section that I would do say a base 5 finishing at a 7. For the time wing I'd clip that well out the way and forget about it.

For the underneath area my did dye would be stronger. 5-7 or an 8 -bleach on the ends.

So I would now separate the hair that's left into 4 sections and work through each one. It will take you forever to do it in foil but if you anxious about it getting messy they do a section and lay a long piece of foil over the top to keep it all a bit neater.

The tricky part for you I personally think is making set your pre pigging and darker areas go well as colour changes can be unpredictable. You will find a flow with your ombré when you start.

Have I made any sense?! I can see it in my head!

i feel so sorry for the poor girl who posted this thread, what a load of abuse for someone who has simply not done dipdye/ombre before!! miley cyrus's photo is stunning. that ombre is absolutly beautiful. looks like they backcombed before applying the colour though.

i feel so sorry for the poor girl who posted this thread, what a load of abuse for someone who has simply not done dipdye/ombre before!! miley cyrus's photo is stunning. that ombre is absolutly beautiful. looks like they backcombed before applying the colour though.

I second that, where's the friendly forum I signed up to? It's all getting very scary! X

If youre open to colour suggestions, Affinage coffee shop collection you can put straight onto blonde hair without having to pre pig and the colours also take really well. Might be easier than having to mark out where youre going to prepig.
I also agree that some people on here are far too rude, I know its annoying that lots of non pros are on here but really if we want any new members to post (and that way get more feedback and ideas when we ourselves ask questions) people need to not be so harsh.

Latest posts

Back