Full head of foils and client help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniBea

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I hope you don't mind me asking for a bit of advice.

I have a new client coming tomorrow for her patch test and strand test before we move onto her appointment on the 27th.

She wants to have a full head of foils. She would love to go lighter and brighter to freshen everything up but with a few caramel highlights.

She always goes to a salon so she assumes all her hair is proffesonal colour only. She likes to attend the salon every six weeks but on this occasion she has left it 8 weeks and does not want to go back as it costs too much and I am roughly around £15 cheaper depending.

She had a ginger colour on about 3 month ago but since just had foils, she doesn't want to ask her hairdresser what has been used as she doesn't want any conflict of telling her she's not going back.

I was just wondering what you guys thought would be the best method and technique to tackle this desire?

I am a Wella user. I have tried to attach a picture I hope it shows up.

I will know more tomorrow once I have seen her hair and ran the tests but I was thinking a full head of foils with bleach back to back foils really fine. Then using colour touch 8/73 very finely in just a few foils for her caramel effect as I don't want to darken the overall colour, just using the bleach on the t section area. And then toning with an 8/81 at the basin.

Please tell me if I am on the wrong path and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Xox

Attachments

• 1455805776362.jpg
    1455805776362.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 184
I think it sounds like a good plan, if you think you can get most of the ginger color bleached in the foils, what is left will be slightly corrected by the 8/81 (which I suppose is ash/blue/violet). If she still thinks it is too orange, then maybe bleach bath lengths and toner? I also think I would consider telling her focus on getting the color cold first, then add the caramel highlights the next time araound. If she is really picky and the back to back bleach doesnt do the trick it would be easier to fix without worrying how that caramel tone would turn out if toned or bleached?

I think it sounds like a good plan, if you think you can get most of the ginger color bleached in the foils, what is left will be slightly corrected by the 8/81 (which I suppose is ash/blue/violet). If she still thinks it is too orange, then maybe bleach bath lengths and toner? I also think I would consider telling her focus on getting the color cold first, then add the caramel highlights the next time araound. If she is really picky and the back to back bleach doesnt do the trick it would be easier to fix without worrying how that caramel tone would turn out if toned or bleached?

Thank you very much! I was hoping I was on the right path with my thoughts, I guess I just wanted to say it aloud or type it for that matter. Your idea of the bleach bath and tone if she is not too happy is a great idea! And leaving the caramel out for the first couple of treatments I think is a wise idea for now.
I will let you know how the strand test goes tomorrow and il see if I can remember to take pictures for you.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to read this and reply to me.

Xox

I done this client at the weekend. Just wanted to show you the follow up.
Iv tried to attach a pic so I hope it's worked.
Her hair was very dry. I did the process with: full head of bleached foils with wella blondor and 6% with the caramel colour in just a few places. I toned with 8/81 in colour touch wella but not for long if I'm honest (maybe should have done longer) but her hair was not in the best of condition so I worried a little and rinsed off to do a liquid gold Argan oil treatment. I cut and styled to curls as she was going out and wanted curls, she was going to go home and pin it back a little with some pins/clips she had bought specially but never brought them to me.

She does want to be much lighter but I took great caution because on the condition so next time I will have to weave some more of the red/ginger pieces into the foils etc.

I am sorry for the poor quality picture lighting, my kitchen has one of those horrid large yellow lights (eek).

Attachments

• 1456748126240.jpg
    1456748126240.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 121
Looks good but I would b careful that next time when u add more bleach ones that the root area on the crown does nt go too light in comparison to the ends X

Latest posts

Back