Full time school

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshie_91

Reaction score
Hi geeks is anyone else's son/daughter about to start school full time??
I'm feeling so sad about it I really don't want to not see my little girl for hours on end :(
I've brought her up on my own and have only ever left her with my mum or dad when working or in college. She's been for half days since January but for some reason I'm really sad about her going full time

Anyone else feel like this? Everyone keeps telling me how lovely it is when they're full time but I'm not so sure :/

X

I felt the same way when my oldest went. I worked full time at the time, in a nursery and whilst not in the same room he'd always been there at work. The minute he went to school it really upset me, which is crazy because I didn't really see him during the day, but knew he was there iykwim.

I think it's quite normal to feel that way. You will adjust though lovey, just sometimes takes a bit of getting used too.

My son has been staying with my parents in London since Monday and he's due home tomorrow night- I miss the bones of that kid and can't wait to see him, I'm sure he's sick of me texting him haha!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you I'm sure it will get easier as the weeks go on. It hasn't helped that I've found out today that if I do my level 3 it will mean two days during the week that I won't see her at all as she'll be in bed by the time I finish. Ahhh decisions decisions!xx

My little one starts this September, I know it sounds silly but I'll miss him so much, I work evenings so am with him all day too. He's really looking forward to it though so I'm trying to big it up. His baby brother is going to find it really hard, he follows him everywhere x

Thank you I'm sure it will get easier as the weeks go on. It hasn't helped that I've found out today that if I do my level 3 it will mean two days during the week that I won't see her at all as she'll be in bed by the time I finish. Ahhh decisions decisions!xx

Go for your level 3 honey. It won't be like that forever and you'll see her on the other days. I'm sure she'd be truly proud of her Mum when she gets her level 3 cert as well. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its life I'm afraid you have them and then you MUST gradually let them go to be happy,confident people anything else is selfish.It is Sad but selfish.

My little ones going into year 1 now I hate it and wish I could keep her home, on the other hand she LOVES school, has some great friends (and a boyfriend!!) and can't wait to go back! x

I felt exactly the same but when you see how they blossom it does make you look at it with new eyes. There are lots of opportunities usually when they are little to go and look at things they've done after school, sit in on lessons with "drop in" days, days where mummy can go and have a school dinner with them, sports days, reading afternoons where you can volunteer to read with your child and/or others, you wont be kept in the dark about what they're doing and they make you so proud!

I totally understand where youre coming from, I was like it with my first and it was no better with my second, missed them like mad! Now my eldest has one more year at home and will start uni next year, and although I am so proud of her and am excited for her, I am so aware than time is now running out for this particular part of our lives and we are now going in to what will be the last year of her living properly at home. I so want to make the most of it.

We need to start an empty nest thread as well lol :o

My son starts full time and I'm dreading it he's been doing half days since September but I feel like now someone else is taking over my role with giving him his lunch etc.
I'm worrying about every little thing like will he be OK choosing his own lunch at school and finding somewhere to sit! He's only 4 :-( it just seems like such a big task for someone so young.
I worry about him been left out of games or hurting himself and not having mummy there to comfort him!
The worst thing is my daughter starts nursery on the same day so I'm dropping them both off and walking home with no babies :-(

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

My little boy started school last year and will be starting again this year in another country.
But I'm not worried. His confidence has grown so much in the last year, it's wonderful.

I remember asking him if he'd made any friends and who he'd played with after the first week last September and he said 'no-one played with him'.

I felt devastated for him so I asked his teacher when I dropped him off the next day if she could keep an eye out for him. She looked at me quizzically and I explained what he'd said. She laughed and told me he was a popular boy and had lots of friends. I was so relieved!

So, boys especially, don't believe everything they tell you after that first day. They're probably doing just fine. ;)

Happy feet - ah thank you :) I may have found a way round the two long days now as well so feeling a bit happier about that :)

Gillian - can understand completely where your coming from & I don't wish to one of those selfish mothers. Unfortunately though due to circumstances I've had to be very protective of her.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm so excited to see her little face when she sees her friends again. And jade mine has a "boyfriend" too, we'll have to lock them up in 10 years time I think haha!!

X

The feelings I think are even worse when they go to secondary school,as they become very independant and then again if they go to university.It is horrible.
My sister has just lost her daughter my niece to the other side of the world as she has emigrated to Australia she hasn't stopped crying,but my niece loves it,has just bought a lovely new house and both her and partner have got great jobs.Thank goodness for Skype.

When my eldest started school full time I was the one stood in the playground crying! By the time my third started I was euphoric :lol:

Starting school for the first time was gut wrenching, planned to do so much but ended up doing nothing just sat drank coffee watching the clock to go pick him up lol...

The worst of the worst was when he started middle school, held his hand walking him in the play ground, kiss goodbye ETC, day 2, don't hold my hand mum I dont need you too, still kiss have a nice day....day 3:-( just drop me here mum, (outside school gates) my friends are looking, not even a "bye mum" 4th day I wasn't even allowed out the car lol

He's now going into yr 10 and all through high school..drop me as close as you can mum....lazy so n so lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was so upset this time last year my daughter going to nursery half day every day, but she loved it and the school is great and she made loads of friends. I think the fact that she likes it has made me relaxed this time around going full time. I think I've gotten used to her being in school every day so it will be for a couple of hours longer, which means I can work longer or get some shopping done. I really am surprised I feel like this because I used to get so upset at the thought. I think if she hated school or got upset every morning then I would think different, I'm really thankful she has never not wanted to go in not even on her first day. I don't even get a kiss now, she grabs her bag and off she goes with her friends & she sometimes looks upset when I come to pick her up because I'm splitting her up from her friends, she's like 14 already ; ( I'm sure you will get used to it but it is a daunting thing and I'm sure I will get upset when she goes for her first day

Latest posts

Back