Fussy client-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liberty_n

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a very fussy client due on Sunday. She has home colour on her hair, very very dark brown, she wants it lightened to lighter brown all over with some subtle highlights. I have made her aware this might not happen in one appointment, but she someone who likes instant exact results and tells the hairdresser how to do they're job. Does anyone have any ideas how I could do this in one sitting if possible, staying kind to the hair.
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I would use a colour remover to lift most of the dark out, then do lots of fine bleach foils and flood with a lighter brown colour in-between. Something to counteract the warmth (depending on what you lift it up to) just tell her again that you can't promise anything x

I would literally say " you will need to pay for a double appointment because no where you go will be able to give you what you want without 2 whole lifting processes" say she will need to realistic and trusting and show her 3 different shades of brown to which you pay acheive and say you cannot pick an exact shade.
"Under promise, over achieve"
You are the boss and she needs to know that, clients who try to walk all over hairdressers always stay with the hairdressers that can tame them and show confidence that's what they are looking for.

Thank you girls. She doesn't want bleach but I do have a highlight blonde that should work just as well as bleach, I have suggested a colour remover to her but again she wasn't keen! She's very difficult to satisfy x

Don't let clients tell you how to do your job :)

I wouldnt donit if she told me what to do lol

Thank you girls. She doesn't want bleach but I do have a highlight blonde that should work just as well as bleach, I have suggested a colour remover to her but again she wasn't keen! She's very difficult to satisfy x

I don't understand, so she doesn't want colour remover or bleach? It's not gonna happen then and make sure you do an incompatibility test first and like others said don't let her tell you your job if she tries then be firm and point out you know your job and you know what's going to work and what not clients like this tend to never be happy with the results no matter how good it is x

To be honest, with the restrictions she's giving you, I'd say pass on it. You won't get anywhere near a decent result with only highlift tint in your toolbox.
My gut feeling is that this client will cost you more than she makes you.

Hi everyone.
I have a very fussy client due on Sunday. She has home colour on her hair, very very dark brown, she wants it lightened to lighter brown all over with some subtle highlights. I have made her aware this might not happen in one appointment, but she someone who likes instant exact results and tells the hairdresser how to do they're job. Does anyone have any ideas how I could do this in one sitting if possible, staying kind to the hair.
Many thanks

Tell her your not a bloody magician!!! Hate customers like this! I'd bleach bath, full head foils & flood between x

HairBy Amanda

Didn't read all the comments, so she doesn't want bleach or a colour remover? Well she isn't gonna get lighter hair with highlights then is she! Bet you can't wait to do her hair....not! X

HairBy Amanda

I would pass too ! Shes only gonna demand her money back or ask u to re do it and if she doesnt wanna bleach then u have no other option left for her .. I had a client that tried to tell me what to do on her 2nd foil appointment I told her straight and ive never seen her again but she didnt know what she was talkin about so I waa glad ...one of them that made my blood boil just answerin the phone to her . I wouldnt say this situation is worth it x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Tint wont lift tint x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! She is very difficult yes, it's the bleach she doesn't want, the colour remover she wasn't keen on but I will be telling her it is the only option left to strip the hair. Incompatibility test I have done. I have even done strand tests to prove to her, the colour choices she's TELLING me to use won't work!

Tell her your the proffesional if she knew what would work tell her to go to sallys and bloody do it herself !

I don't know why some clients are so scared of bleach. I've often found it to be less damaging than a highlift that uses volume 40.

She'll end up with a brassy mess.

Props to you for trying!!

Explain colour remover with remove excess pigment it sounds more pleasant.

I use goldwell and tint would be perfect in this case.

After remover I would tint the roots then add blonding cream ash or neutralights in foils, if she wasn't a subtle highlights no need for bleach

Avoid using terms like "stripping" the hair, it sounds brutal and that's why clients can be scared. You are removing unwanted colour. Cleansing the hair. Etc.

For what it's worth, I'd be too busy for a client like that. You are the expert, not her.

I don't know why some clients are so scared of bleach. I've often found it to be less damaging than a highlift that uses volume 40.

She'll end up with a brassy mess.

Props to you for trying!!

Clients are only led by hairdressers-

If a client says no bleach it's usually because someone has trashed it in the past.... The key is to re educate!

Same as I only want a semi as it washes out, my hair lifts quickly, my hair takes ages to lift, my grey doesn't cover, I've been told I can't have that colour, my colour didn't take as my hair was too clean so now I leave it a week before coloring it ....

It's all because some stylist once upon a time have told them this!

Hi im jumping in on this one!
Had a client for the past 2 years whos been having majirel 4.20. She decided she wanted to go typical ombrè. Explained to the client this will take 2 or 3 appointments as her test peice lifted quite warm she was ok with that. 5 hrs later she has a lovely ombrè but the ends are warm probably a golden/copper 7. So she calls today saying she wants it rectifyed as every body is calling her ginger. I reminded her of the convo we had and told her rectification would be full price full head colour. Shes going pretty barmy.... well so am i! Shes gone in the local pub we all drink in to say ive sent her hair ginger and ive had 2 cancellations from people who drink in there.....Do any of you have some kind of disclaimer form about the initial consultation as this has happened a few times now!? I think thats a good idea. To write it on a consultation form and get them to sign it ir do u think this is just something we have to deal with as hairdressers x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

From what I remember 4.20 is a plum colour aint it ? And shes bren having it a few yars now... im sure people think that hairdressin is easy magic and in these casrs expect to be blonde in one sit in ! Stand your ground x

Latest posts

Back