Fussy client-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is yes. I mean bleach and 40 vol probably would of done it but im not willing to do it as its going to seriously wreck the hair. Ive now found an app which record every call you take on your phone. You can then send the recording of the conversation via whatsapp/text/facebook/email! This can be a good idea for situations like this!
Its called smart call recorder.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi im jumping in on this one!
Had a client for the past 2 years whos been having majirel 4.20. She decided she wanted to go typical ombrè. Explained to the client this will take 2 or 3 appointments as her test peice lifted quite warm she was ok with that. 5 hrs later she has a lovely ombrè but the ends are warm probably a golden/copper 7. So she calls today saying she wants it rectifyed as every body is calling her ginger. I reminded her of the convo we had and told her rectification would be full price full head colour. Shes going pretty barmy.... well so am i! Shes gone in the local pub we all drink in to say ive sent her hair ginger and ive had 2 cancellations from people who drink in there.....Do any of you have some kind of disclaimer form about the initial consultation as this has happened a few times now!? I think thats a good idea. To write it on a consultation form and get them to sign it ir do u think this is just something we have to deal with as hairdressers x

Could you tone the warmth out?

If she wants good results explain that you will need to use a colour removing product due to all the home colouring over the past years and suggest a variety of colours her hair may go as the colour removal process is unpredictable. If they have coloured their hair correctly, roots then to ends after a certain amount of time or just root application, the hair will lift quicker. Yet if she hasnt home coloured her hair correctly, roots to ends straight away, then there will be a large amount of build up on the ends. This will encourage more orange tones and less lift. You need to get technical with them sometimes to ensure them you know exactly what you are doing and dont need telling how to do your job! After all you did the training, not them :) x

I did use a toner and it did go from bright orange (like that girl from brave lol) to a soft goldeny copper. U know when the hair needs some more lift because no toner will be able to cover but we agreed to do it in stages to save the hairs condition. I mean i already bleach bathed it and then after that used bleach and 20vol so it already had 2 treatments of lightner to it then toned. Its actually a really nice colour probably a majirel 8.33. I told her i could go in with another lift but we will be comprimising the health of the hair and she said no then we will do it your way and said she was suprised at how light i had got it and was smiling ect..... Then goes in the local pub tell every1 ive sent her ginger, after the 20 min origional consultation and then another 15 mins of going through the colour chart with her again on the day of her appointment thats annoying! Its all about saving the health of the hair to me. I dont think ive ever used bleach n 40vol on any1s hair but know plenty of hairdresser who just whack it on and leave them under heat for a hour. Ive always told clients colour correction will not be what is in your head after the first appointment, maybe the third or fourth. Maybe i should start doing things like that as the hairdressers by me who dont do skin tests and who do use bkeach n r0 vol for a hour under heat have got clients coming out there ears! Frustrating x

To be honest, with the restrictions she's giving you, I'd say pass on it. You won't get anywhere near a decent result with only highlift tint in your toolbox.
My gut feeling is that this client will cost you more than she makes you.

Totally agree, it's not worth the hassle. She wants to lift tint without using bleach or a colour remover erm well it's not going to happen xx

Hi I've recently found a colour diluter in swarscoph d/o it's called I applied it to the mid length hand ends and it lifted at least 2 shades which I was pleases about, I would highly recommend

I did use a toner and it did go from bright orange (like that girl from brave lol) to a soft goldeny copper. U know when the hair needs some more lift because no toner will be able to cover but we agreed to do it in stages to save the hairs condition. I mean i already bleach bathed it and then after that used bleach and 20vol so it already had 2 treatments of lightner to it then toned. Its actually a really nice colour probably a majirel 8.33. I told her i could go in with another lift but we will be comprimising the health of the hair and she said no then we will do it your way and said she was suprised at how light i had got it and was smiling ect..... Then goes in the local pub tell every1 ive sent her ginger, after the 20 min origional consultation and then another 15 mins of going through the colour chart with her again on the day of her appointment thats annoying! Its all about saving the health of the hair to me. I dont think ive ever used bleach n 40vol on any1s hair but know plenty of hairdresser who just whack it on and leave them under heat for a hour. Ive always told clients colour correction will not be what is in your head after the first appointment, maybe the third or fourth. Maybe i should start doing things like that as the hairdressers by me who dont do skin tests and who do use bkeach n r0 vol for a hour under heat have got clients coming out there ears! Frustrating x

If 20s not enough n you don't like 40vol then why not use 30? Not being funny just sounds like one or the other. I used a 30vol recently and lifted quickly so wasn't on the hair for long anyway and the hair felt fine after. I was always scared of anything more than 20 vol but I follow guy tang on fb and most of his ombres he uses 30vol on loads which is what encouraged me to use it.

Id rather do it low and slow.... the few timea ive used 30vol the lift hasbt been clean and just damaging. I do use 30vol in sone situations but it just wouldnt of workin in this situation.... let the slating commence!

I'd never bleach bath with 30vol, it defeats the purpose. You may as well just apply a 20vol bleach without the bath bit if you are considering bleach bathing with 30 or 40.

I usually start off with a no peroxide bleach bath. It lifts out tone which can automatically make the hair 1 to 2 shades lighter, I then do a 20vol bleach bath which I keep massaging in for up to 25 mins, very rarely I will reapply.
A good quality bleach will get you there with 20vol.

As for this client, make a point of telling her that you are happy to lift her hair further, as you had discussed, and to tone but you had both decided keeping her hair on her head and not in a carrier bag was more important and that maybe her friends should take it as a lesson
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back