Fussy client, I'm scared!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeygrace

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have recently qualified in acrylic nails and spray tanning. I use the tip and dip technique but recently had a problem with the nails coming off, yet have realised this was due to not leaving a gap between the resin and cuticle, and also not using the same brand products.
I have a client friday and Im charging £12.50 as I'm still practising. I've told her I have just trained and she said thats fine but she is very fussy, yet shes sure I'm ok. After the previous nails coming off this has really knocked my confidence and is putting me off doing them. The actual nails look good its just them staying on! Has anyone got any tips?
Thank you in advance xxx

You can't shut down everytime you get a fussy client. You've said yourself you're only just practicing. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. You know you're still working to perfect your craft. You clients know you're still working to perfect your craft. Concentrate on getting those applications perfect and nothing else at this point. You're gonna get some that ping off, crack, lift, get picked off. This is the time where it's ok to have that happen. This is when you sit back and use all that you've learned in your training to analyze why those things happened and try to avoid it from happening next time.

Take a deep breath, think about what you're doing and just take your time. If you really think about what your doing any why, it might make you take that extra care and double check each step is as good as it possibly can be before moving on. Prep is the biggest trip up because if that is lacking, your nails won't stand a chance.

Don't stress yourself too much about the client, remind her you're new and still practicing and then she can't complain! At the end of the day if she's that unhappy chances are you won't ever see her again. And if you do see her again, then you have done something right! Best of luck xx

thanks a lot girls, really appreciate your advice.
I know the girl so dont know if thats better or worse lol!
Going to take my time and just explain again Im new and if there is a problem I will come and fix it.
I have been looking at prep tips but if anyone want to recommend some please do lol! :) x x

Check out the perfect prep tutorial under the "articles" tab. :)

Latest posts

Back