Fuzzies/Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiptops

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I use lint free pads when dehydrating the nail plate prior to applying base coat. However, I am noticing there are little fuzzies on the nail plate each time I am applying the colour coats.

My question is, what is the best way to take it off? If i scrape off with an orange wood stick, will it affect the base coat? Do u have any good tips to removing these little bits being left behind?

Thank you 😀

I hate fuzzies!!!! I do use an orange wood stick and it doesnt have any effect on the base coat. It's just time wasting and annoying :-/

Last edited:
I used to have that same issue but after extensive reading on here I now use ( drum roll please) wax strips cut into squares then soaked in ScrubFresh = bizarre however SHAMAZING no fuzzies for me or my girls and inexpensive as we already have them within the salon👍👍👍 try it for yourself

Failing that soft landing were the only other thing id recommend however = expensive 😩😩😩

Agree with Debs. Fuzzies suck. And hey... aren't these supposed to be Lint Free?

The problem is more pronounced the more damaged/rough the natural nail plate is, however even with a beautiful plate, "lint free" pads can still leave stragglers.

In the salon, I generally would brush them out to the end (where I can pull them off as I always had tidy "man nails") or orange wood/tweezer them off. You do want to make sure you get them out though as it will otherwise be an area not correctly bonded to the plate (and potentially leave behind a fugly surface that you would then have to "pass off" as nail art!)

I used to have that same issue but after extensive reading on here I now use ( drum roll please) wax strips cut into squares then soaked in ScrubFresh = bizarre however SHAMAZING no fuzzies for me or my girls and inexpensive as we already have them within the salon👍👍👍 try it for yourself

Failing that soft landing were the only other thing id recommend however = expensive 😩😩😩
Hmmm. This seems like a sensible option. I thought we had something similar, but if not - we need to find some :)

Agree with Debs. Fuzzies suck. And hey... aren't these supposed to be Lint Free?

The problem is more pronounced the more damaged/rough the natural nail plate is, however even with a beautiful plate, "lint free" pads can still leave stragglers.

In the salon, I generally would brush them out to the end (where I can pull them off as I always had tidy "man nails") or orange wood/tweezer them off. You do want to make sure you get them out though as it will otherwise be an area not correctly bonded to the plate (and potentially leave behind a fugly surface that you would then have to "pass off" as nail art!)

Agree!! they say "lint free" they sure do lie though 😩😩

Hmmm. This seems like a sensible option. I thought we had something similar, but if not - we need to find some :)

Hello new product coming 👍👍👍

Def agree with the paper wax strips.. After reading on here I went and got some...excellent and no more fuzzies.. Plus I think they use less swipe/scrubfresh. x

Please please get someone to invent something which is truly lint free as I've never found anything that is....you'd all make a fortune 😊

I did an experiment and tried this last week. Definitely no lint which was lovely but by the end of the week my own Shellac was wrecked whereas when I use the plastic backed pads my nails stay damage free. So do I go for no fuzzies or keep my nails nice........hmmmmm :irked:

I chop kitchen roll into squares, several sheets at a time so i have a stash of them. All the ones you buy are rubbish. Gonna get Plenty to branch out into nail wipes

I chop kitchen roll into squares, several sheets at a time so i have a stash of them. All the ones you buy are rubbish. Gonna get Plenty to branch out into nail wipes

Snap!! Plain kitchen roll cut into squares are amazing. They soak up product really easy and take up less room. 😀😀

Gelish wipe it off wipes are lint free ;) x

Thank you for all your replies. Paper wax strips it is then!! 😀 I will try the kitchen roll too x

The OPI wipes are also great and totally lint free.

Another vote for paper wax strips here!

I also like Hands Down square wipes, but find them a little expensive x

T ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416910145.988479.jpg

These ive used before I rate them but as above are v expensive :( hth 👍👍 wax strips all the way for me

Latest posts

Back