Gall Stones !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
last weekend I was finishing my last client and I started to feel a bit sick, then my back started to ache....did not think much of it.
20 Mins later I was being violently sick and then I got the worst pain under my ribs on the right hand side!!! I could not sit still, I was squirming around on the floor in pain.....call the hospital!!!:Scared:
The hospital told me they suspect Gall stones....what on earth???

Anyone else had this???? It lasted 3 hrs before it went off and I now have to go in a few days for blood tests etc......

Sam

awwwwwww hun sorry to hear that hope your better soon xxx:Love: xx

Cheers Hannah,

Sometimes a little sympathy is just what you need.
Sam

ellasmum said:
Cheers Hannah,

Sometimes a little sympathy is just what you need.
Sam

Yeh that is true hun, take it easy and get well soon :) xx:Love:xx

i have had gall stones, thank god i had them out along with the gall bladder. dont mean to scare you but the pain is alot worst than giveing birth.
the attacks can happen at any time of the day or night, and last for up to 8hrs. my advise is get to your doctor, and ask for a scan to get it confirmed, so you can control it with diet or have surgery.
make a diary of the things you eat, so you know when you have an attack again, you might know what to avoid.
the pain killers that the gp prescribed worked,

take care hun

Sorry to hear this.

If its any comfort I had a few and they passed. And I havent felt anything since.....

Thank god. The pain is awful!

Ah hope you feel better soon hunny! :hug: My mum had gall stones and she had surgery in the end to have them removed. It was horrible seeing her in hospital after the operation coz she looked really ill. But she is glad she had them removed coz she doesn't suffer with the pains anymore, so hope you feel better and see your gp for some advice!

Hi Ellasmum
I know exactly what you're going through. I had the same thing approx 3 years ago and it was agony, you never know when its going to happen and when it does you can't move with the pain. Mine got worse and worse to the point that whenever I got an 'attack, my hubby took me straight to A&E because no tablet would get rid of the pain.
I had to wait approx 6-9 months for op to have the whole gallbladder removed and I'm now pain free.
Hope you get sorted soon, if it is confirmed as gallstones try and push on at your doctor for the op.
Keep us updated.

Oh, sweetie, I've been there. It was after the birth of our son. I would rather have gone through labor. My gall bladder pain was the worst thing I've ever felt. It took me three weeks before I had the guts to call my doctor and that was only after my husband forced me to. I was afraid it was a heart attack and I was only about 24. It was a few weeks later that I finally had my surgery. Better immediately! Hope you're doing better!
Michele

never had gall stones burt is sounds extremely painful.
i hope you get it sorted soon.

Had my gall bladder out last August due to gall stones so I can sympathise with you.
Get on to the doctor and get everything done as soon as so that if you have to have it out your not waiting for ages.
Towards the end I was having attacks every other night and at one point I was in hospital over night drugged up to my eyes, and as they were discharging me in the morning and the drugs were wearing off it was apparent the attack hadnt stopped!
Avoid fatty foods and pastry and stress these are some of the triggers.
Top tip get in a hot bath as soon as you feel it coming on with a bucket by the side of the bath in case you need to be sick. I found putting my ears under the water and trying to focus on something else works.
Hope your doctor gets on to it straight away matie.

Thanks to all of you for your support, going to GP on friday...

Cheers Sam

I've been there too almost 4 years ago now when I was only 28! It took 9 months for me to get op to remove gallbladder and in that time I lost 4stone cos I got to not being able to eat anything with fat in, was really ill at time and used to faint willy nilly when the pain started, got that was scared to drive cos had an attack in car once on motorway and was fainting as pulled over to hard shoulder. Top tip, when you see your consultant ask to be put on the short notice reserve list as this is what my gp recommended after 8 months of me getting worse and worse and I was in within 2 wks of getting on that list. Its when someone else can't have it done they ring you and you have to drop everything and go (mine was the next day after ringing me but I would have gone that instant if they'd said). I had keyhole surgery and was allowed home after a day with 6 wks recovery and hubby doing all the housework, was bliss and not suffered since, good luck x

Latest posts

Back