Gay marriage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the church is in a right mess. The bishop has told gay vicars they can't marry, although anyone else can get married. I wonder if there will be an uproar !

I think it's great I'm all for equal rights but I can also see why the church don't want gay people to get married in a church, and why would you want too if religion doesn't agree with it. I'm not religious so would feel hypocritical getting married in a church.

I agree with you here. It has nothing to do with being gay or not. I think people should be allowed to believe whatever they wish, as long as it's not harming anyone else.

I think it's a good thing tbh if 2 people love each other then why not I don't believe in categorising ppl into gay straight bi it's no ones business. I think it's about time in 30 years people will look back and not be able to believe that people couldn't get married if they were in a same sex relationship :)

And yet 30 years ago the world looked different and not everyone has moved with the times. Can we force them to do that or can they do so at their own pace? 30 years ago, my father wouldn't have tolerated me sleeping in the same bed with a man I wasn't married to in his house. Those were his boundaries, and I respected them.
If some people have strong beliefs, can we expect them to change? And if so, how quickly does it need to happen? Shouldn't we respect their beliefs too?

It's not so black and white, really.

And yet 30 years ago the world looked different and not everyone has moved with the times. Can we force them to do that or can they do so at their own pace? 30 years ago, my father wouldn't have tolerated me sleeping in the same bed with a man I wasn't married to in his house. Those were his boundaries, and I respected them.
If some people have strong beliefs, can we expect them to change? And if so, how quickly does it need to happen? Shouldn't we respect their beliefs too?

It's not so black and white, really.

I agree, we should respect everyone's beliefs hence why I'm not sure gay marriage should take place in a church, but I'm absolutely not against gay marriage, unless is marriage a religious thing?. I have no idea lol
.:wink2:

We should all respect each other! The church itself is not without fault!

I agree, we should respect everyone's beliefs hence why I'm not sure gay marriage should take place in a church, but I'm absolutely not against gay marriage, unless is marriage a religious thing?. I have no idea lol
.:wink2:

In some countries, everyone has a civilian (civil?) wedding. Then those that are religious can have a ceremony in the church as well. But the official marriage is and stays the civilian one. (this takes place at the registry office)
This should be granted for all, I would agree. But as someone mentioned before, if your religion doesn't agree with gay marriage, why would you want to get married in their church? Indeed, why would you believe?

It is really confusing.

It's okay but I don't agree with it.

However, I'm not going to shout in the street that it's wrong.

What I don't agree with is seeing gay or lesbian couples being intimate on TV (e.g Eastenders) or in the street. Also those couples that adopt children. It turns my stomach if I'm being honest.

I'm not going to explain to my daughter if she asks why. I will shield her from it.

Before you jump my best friend is gay. He doesn't get off with his partner in front of us so it's cool.

I was raised strict and those morals are deep.

Surrey Girl through and through x

I am confused, luckily I don't want to get married :lol:

But happy days for everyone who does lol

It's okay but I don't agree with it.

However, I'm not going to shout in the street that it's wrong.

What I don't agree with is seeing gay or lesbian couples being intimate on TV (e.g Eastenders) or in the street. Also those couples that adopt children. It turns my stomach if I'm being honest.

I'm not going to explain to my daughter if she asks why. I will shield her from it.

Before you jump my best friend is gay. He doesn't get off with his partner in front of us so it's cool.

I was raised strict and those morals are deep.

I'm not particularly keen on watching anyone getting intimate in public, but surely a child brought up by a happy loving couple gay or straight is better than with no one at all :)

I'm not particularly keen on watching anyone getting intimate in public, but surely a child brought up by a happy loving couple gay or straight is better than with no one at all :)

A child needs a mother and a father. Not two of the same. Think of the ridicule from other children.

A child needs a mother and a father. Not two of the same. Think of the ridicule from other children.

What if your child is gay and decides they want to marry someone they love and have a child together? Will you disown them?

What a child needs is love, nurturing and to be bought up in a house which shows acceptance, no matter who you chose to fall in love withm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What if your child is gay and decides they want to marry someone they love and have a child together? Will you disown them?

What a child needs is love, nurturing and to be bought up in a house which shows acceptance, no matter who you chose to fall in love withm

My children will not be gay. I can assure you. They show no symptoms of it.

If they were it would be okay but I would never be 100% with it.

No symptoms!!?

Stop judging! None of us have that right!

I would be proud of my child if they chose to stand up, against all the narrow minded haters who believe "things should be this way because of it is what society rules" and declare "I am different, I love people for their values, for their beliefs and personality NOT because they are anatomically opposite to me"

If you are uncomfortable seeing a same sex couple holding hands walking down the street then I am sorry but that is your problem and regardless of having a gay uncle or a lesbian best friend you are Homophobic.
I have loved men and women alike and I am bloody proud.
"I'm gay, i'm straight, i'm..who gives a rats ass who I bump uglys with? I am me!"

No symptoms? It's not an illness!!

I'm not PC either and never will be.

I have the right to say what I like. If it causes offence then the right to free speech is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back